Guide To Game Crashing!

aLPHA

• 2 weeks later...
LMS Engineer

baz mod crashes after 90% loading. I think it's got some cfg errors.

Q: help! i replaced my loading screen and now the game doesn't load!

A: images need to be .bmp

Q: help! i changed my loading text and now the game doesn't load!

A: if you read carefully, modding rr for dummies says "do_not_put_spaces,_use_underscores "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So download the WAD Tool or Wad Refinery onto the computer you use to access this website, then move those programs over to the computer that has Rock Raiders and go from there... what's the problem?

Is this valid?

.bmp,76,100

Found in bazmod/cfg/levels/objectiveimage640x480.

I hope you understand what I mean by bazmod/cfg/levels/

Can everybody watching this topic use inline notifiacation so they know there is a new post? Email works, however, online accounts don't notify on their own it can be difficult at times to have an email service open with website running; which may explain why no one ever seems to be on the same forum.

I know with POV-Ray // this is a comment

/*and

this

is a

multiple line

comment*/

What are the comments for wad and cfg

;this

//and this?

Semicolons (;) denote the beginning of a comment which lasts until the next line break. As far as I've seen, there's no multi-line comment. As for the ObjectiveImage thing, I believe the numbers just denote the position on the screen.

Finally, addict knows the CFG much better than I do. He's the person to ask for all LegoRR1 issues.

I have it sorted out now. The wad files cannot be changed directly, I discovered.

Sorry about the "I am mad" sounding question, I had a few minutes before I had to leave for a few days.

I know what causes some of the random crashes, to much going on at once. This goes for leveling caverns with a CC's laser or trying to clean up the yellow mess in front of the Ore Refinery(don't ask). I think Windows is setting LRR to a low prority and drops it when there aren't enough resources to go around. The same could go for Mac users.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know what causes some of the random crashes, to much going on at once. This goes for leveling caverns with a CC's laser or trying to clean up the yellow mess in front of the Ore Refinery(don't ask). I think Windows is setting LRR to a low prority and drops it when there aren't enough resources to go around. The same could go for Mac users.

Only on systems with low memory. For the most part, LegoRR handles well under stress, even with higher-poly models. Then again, you never know. Only some solid testing can catch this out for real...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.