Guide To Game Crashing!

aLPHA

This guide will be devoted to telling why your game crashes!

Game crashes and shows "Error Report" about 90% through with the loading screen before the main menu:

A value in the CFG is entered incorrectly, or does not exist

Could also be caused by an object with invalid files in its object folder.

I cannot start a level. The mission briefs will not go away:

An object is colliding with another object, or is stuck in a wall

Go into the level choose, but you get the beta glitch (Blue cavern on upper left corner)

There is something wrong with a level. Look at the normal CFG and your modded CFG for any differences in the levels that might be causing the problem. This glitch might also occur if a custom object is missing vital values.

I click a level, but as soon as it is done loading, the game crashes and no "Error Report" message is shown:

An object in the CFG does not exist but was placed in a level, or its AE file is broken

rockraider pascal said:

when i got my lwo just lwo and not lwo 5 , my game game Crash

Cirevam answered

You tried exporting it in a Lightwave format other than 5.x, which caused LRR to explode.

Lair said

My RtPU Mod crashes unless set on Windows 98 compatability mode.

I have already looked over your CFG and it seams as if there are invalid objects within the CFG. Try playing the game without the modded objects by simply putting a ; in front of every line that has to do with the modded objects.

Have a problem with the above information? Just leave a comment with your idea and I'll work on it.

I need more! Help by posting more errors so that I can figure them out!

LWO = model or object, i.e. LightWaveObject

LWS = animation or scene, i.e. LightWaveScene

Models don't have nulls, animations do. Pascal is talking about putting a model into the game, not an animation. He tried exporting it in a Lightwave format other than 5.x, which caused LRR to explode.

LWO = model or object, i.e. LightWaveObject

LWS = animation or scene, i.e. LightWaveScene

Models don't have nulls, animations do. Pascal is talking about putting a model into the game, not an animation. He tried exporting it in a Lightwave format other than 5.x, which caused LRR to explode.

Okay, you can come into this and be the one in charge of graphics related crashes.

Also, how could his game explode when it is in a virtual environment? File explodes sending rock raiders files all over the computer?

TheEPICtrainrider

I changed the textures in the Lava Monster's folder. I also made a copy off the Lava Monster's folder and named it 'Rave Monster'. Then I rammed a screwdriver into my hard-drive and wizzed over the whole thing.

You mean it crashed? Did you make a new entry in the cfg for the "rave" monster, and did you do it right? :P Making a new directory for it shouldn't have crashed it unless you forgot to rename the files within the folder.

When I go into levels all the levels are blank and there's a strange blue rock in the top left of the screen. When I click it, it crashes!

Addictgamer

Changing MenuCount to 0.

Just try to bring up that menu.

If it's the pause menu, press escape or p in-game.

• 3 weeks later...

Baz's mod is broken for me. I can't find why it crashes.

I don't think anyone really knows why, it crashes for people in all different spots for some reason.

I never tried using compatibility mode for it...but the most likely cause of the crash is an invalid (or corrupted) cfg file.

I can't remember, does Baz's Mod replace a few files or is it packaged as the entire WADs and Data folder? If it's the latter then other overhauls are going to be in a lot of trouble since half of the community won't be able to run them. Patch-style mods are so iffy unless people actually follow instructions, which they don't.

I can't remember, does Baz's Mod replace a few files or is it packaged as the entire WADs and Data folder? If it's the latter then other overhauls are going to be in a lot of trouble since half of the community won't be able to run them. Patch-style mods are so iffy unless people actually follow instructions, which they don't.

It was in WAD files. This is the disadvantage to the Data method because it's not easy to share mods this way. If I work on Power Patcher a bit more it maybe fix this problem, but until then WAD files are the best method.

I don't see how it's a disadvantage since you can just extract the files from the WADs anyways. I don't see a difference between the two methods in how the files are read, but if WADs are actually more unstable, then there would be a reason to use the Data method other than the absence of compilation.

That brings up a good question. For people that can play Baz's Mod, does it crash more or less with either method?

I don't see how it's a disadvantage since you can just extract the files from the WADs anyways. I don't see a difference between the two methods in how the files are read, but if WADs are actually more unstable, then there would be a reason to use the Data method other than the absence of compilation.

That brings up a good question. For people that can play Baz's Mod, does it crash more or less with either method?

But with the data method you have to give people the entire directory. With the WAD method you could simply just share the two files and people can just dump them in the directory. Much better for installers then a zipped data folder.

I haven't played it yet, but I intend to do so. The way baz's exe works makes my computer require admin to run it, but I'll just try my magic extractor on it, and hope it works. If not, then meh. I'll wine it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.