High-Poly Energy Crystal

PWNZOR

Well, it hasn't been documented yet, so I might as well go ahead and do it.

First, go to the Lego.cfg, about lines 68-69, and change those to:

PowerCrystalRGB			0:80:0

UnpoweredCrystalRGB		60:0:60

Next, follow one of the two methods: Method 1: Go to about line 1014 and change that to:

Crystal						World\Shared\crystal

Method 2:

Go to the world/shared folder, and copy the crystal.lwo file out of there. Paste it in the Miscanims/crystal folder, and rename it to VLP_Greencrystal.lwo (overwriting the previous file). And that's it.

• Like 1

at 255 it looks radioactive

btw if you replace any of the misc animation entries with one from the world one there are better version or beta version of the things replaced (example replace the processed ore entry with world\shared\brick and you get a 2x3 untextured brick)

I have pictures in my gallery showing how to make them shaded from months ago. I don't think that counts as documentation, but it's not like we ever really needed it since everyone in the forum at the time knew about it.

I found those pictures, Cire, but it still wasn't documented. I want this documented.

Stick this in World\Shared folder, and go to about line 1014:

Dynamite					MiscAnims\Dynamite

Ore						MiscAnims\Ore\Ore1st

change that to:

Crystal						MiscAnims\Ore\Ore1st

Dynamite					MiscAnims\Dynamite

Ore						World\Shared\crystal

Woop de doo

"World\Shared\crystal" might still be "MiscAnims\Crystal\VLP_GreenCrystal" for you; in that case, still use the above code.

Download the following file, extract it, and stick in World\shared, overwriting the one in there. It's the same thing in-game, as transparency won't work yet.

<File Removed>

• 1 year later...

Well, it hasn't been documented yet, so I might as well go ahead and do it.

First, go to the LEGO.cfg, about lines 68-69, and change those to:

PowerCrystalRGB			0:80:0

UnpoweredCrystalRGB		60:0:60

Next, follow one of the two methods: Method 1: Go to about line 1014 and change that to:

Method 2:

Go to the world/shared folder, and copy the crystal.lwo file out of there. Paste it in the Miscanims/crystal folder, and rename it to VLP_Greencrystal.lwo (overwriting the previous file). And that's it.

Method 1 and 0:80:0;60:0:60 worked for me and I liked it just fine. Isn't super perfect but I think it is a great improvement.

That picture looks outdated, didn't you add inner-faces so the the crystal would look more natural? Or was that lost in the harddrive incident?

I just checked and the LWO that is uploaded does have inner faces. The picture is outdated so it's worth it to take a new one. If you have one, go ahead and upload it so I can change the image.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.