List of Upgradable Graphics Objects

PWNZOR

This is a list of all currently made mods for upgrading LEGO Rock Raiders' game graphics. I will add/change things on request and I'll see what I can do about making it high-poly (if it isn't so already). Red indicates this object has no High Poly model.

Tools

Buildings

Vehicles (With HP Models)

Other Bits

I'm unsure about changing the wall braces. The LWOs for the walls are really REALLY weird, and it seems like they come in at least halves. It'll take a lot of testing to figure out how the game puts them together. Another thing we could add to the list is the bat enemy. It's just a few planes stuck together. Maybe the spiders could be HP'd as well, but we'll need a step-by-step tutorial from Cyrem on how to apply textures to custom models and save them properly. HINT HINT.

PWNZOR, regarding your pipes not showing up, some LWOs that I've mounted on LWSes aren't showing up either, so when I figure out what the problem is on my end I'll try to help you out too. For now the only advice I can offer is to make sure the custom file is in the same folder as the LWS. No, it cannot be in the Shared folder. If it's custom, unless you change the links in the LWS it must be in the same folder.

Cire, even when I changed the pipes on the Chrome Crusher back, it didn't show up. However, the game has never crashed; it just hasn't shown up.

And thanks for the suggestions; I'll add them to the list.

I have a question (I can't tell right now, as I'm on my family's Mac). Is each wall type (corners, straight, etc) one model, which the game applies each 'biome' to, or is there a different wall model for each type for each biome? (like, is there just one flat wall model that the game applies each biome to, or is there 3 different flat wall models, one for each biome?)

Same goes for rubble; is there?

There are 3 sets of LWO for walls, but when adding new biomes just use one of the same sets that best fits. I don't know if the LWOs are different per biome.

I mean does the game only use one set (walls and rubble) and apply each biome to it, or is there one set per biome? If it's the latter, I can't do a thing (can't apply textures; I need to know how). If it's the former, then I can edit it.

There are three sets. Most of the models for each biome are identical except for texture. I got an update to Lightwave 9 so I'll be trying it out and seeing if I can get Cyrem's tex method to work.

Lair, I mean specific one-file LWO's.

Rock Monsters/Raiders aren't 1 file LWO.

So I say the LoaderDozer and TunnelTransport need fixxing.

Well, I mean that....

the thing about those, is that there are so many flat planes on it, and parts of it that are invisible from the back side that aren't part of a closed object....it's going to take a while if I attempt those files.

Also, I can't do things that have textures. I can't do textures.

Actually...I can do things like this; as long as they're textured bricks in LDraw or LDraw-using programs, I can easily convert between those models and LW5 models, and retain everything (killing the studs, too, which saves TONS of Poly's.

:o

I can probably make helmets with faces with this method, too! *quickly goes to work*

I made a high-poly BigDrill today. It needs some cleaning up but it's decent. I'll test it when I feel like it's completely done.

I was planning on taking the LEGO Drill when I get my computer back T.T I'm grounded (that's why I'm not on).

I was planning on taking the LEGO Drill when I get my computer back T.T I'm grounded (that's why I'm not on).

But you're here right now aren't you? >_>

But you're here right now aren't you? >_>

It's called sneaking on when your parents aren't looking.

Cirevam: looks nice; What's with the 4 sticking-out bits at the end?

You'll have to head over to the Galleria to find out, but the mass-produced version will not have them.

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.