Regolith (album)

Argiflex

Upon listening to the first 30 seconds of the first track, brilliant!

I'm going to download the album and listen to every song before making a more detailed reply.

Well I must say, most impressive work. This album is better then quite a few other techo chill musicians/bands I've heard.

My Favourite songs:

1. Biomagnetism

2. Chickpea

5. Crystal Spheres

6. Albatross

7. Hexadecane

9. Kudxu

10. Omega Point Theory

11. Regolith

12. Subnucleus

Songs I thought need a bit of work:

3. Echolocation

It started well however I wasn't much a fan of the "zeew" sound that started at 00:22. At 1:40, I had no idea what happened it sounded as if my speakers just died. Maybe if that effect was introduced much slower it would have maybe been ok. I just found it to be to much of a contrast. Probably the best part of the sound I found was between 6:08 and 2:20... I know it's only 12 seconds but during that time the music was in harmony.

4. Calystegia

This one almost made it into my favourites, but the only downer was the quick transition at 1:56. It was little better then the one above but a slower transition rather then that sudden change would be better. Other then that the song was good.

8. Fibrosis

I know you said you liked this song, but the middle was too upbeat and repetitive against a smooth background in my view(To me the middle sounded like something a kid would listening to while spasticly jumping up and down). The beginning and end were probably the best parts.

Conclusion

Overall I love the sound of this album and not many people make this sound, sound as good as you just did. All the songs were consistent in there overall sound with the exception to 8. As for my favourite songs, well the are perfect in my view. And since I was so impressed with these songs I might contact you with some questions regarding there use in a project.

Thanks for being honest, and for the compliments!

On Echolocation, the "zew" sound just made it perfect: on my headphones. I played it on the speakers my dad has set up outside (for while he's grilling) and it was so sharp that I had to turn it down, so you are correct there.

Yeah, the bitcrusher may have been a bit much to begin with, but it added a sense of movement, and I do enjoy lofi sounds a good bit, so I was putting a bit of that in there.

On Calystegia, I have absolutely no way to back up why I did that, it was one of those things that sounded good at the time. I still think it sounds good, and it's a good, dance-ey pattern, but it's just not at all what you would expect form listening to the song. It would probably work better if it was played at half speed, but I didn't think to try that.

On Fibrosis, I'm glad that you noticed that because I was jumping up and down on my bed as I was making the song!

I'm just kidding about that, and I see exactly why you say that, but it was another thing that sounded good at the time. I am, however, a big fan of upbeat, danceable music, and that definitely came out in this song.

Still, thanks for being honest, supportive, and complimentative!

Also, I'm perfectly fine with you using these songs in whatever project you're thinking about using them on. Just as long as you mention me :D

i just started the download my only comment so far is the album is a rather large file size ill update my post once i listen through the album

i just started the download my only comment so far is the album is a rather large file size ill update my post once i listen through the album

Large? Not really it's about the same as most albums. The songs are longer then your average music, I think all are over 5 minutes.

Yeah, most albums are around 40 minutes, and 12-14 songs, but this one is around 80 minutes with 12 songs. And it's encoded at 320 Kbps, so it will be a fairly big download.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.