High-Poly Ore!

PWNZOR

med_gallery_23_44_103126.jpg

Check it out! For some reason, it didn't like the texture...ima see what I can do.

gallery_23_44_3957.jpg

Here's a closeup.

Wait...it might not even be attempting to try to apply the texture T.T

It's already a Lightwave 5 model...can anyone help? I'll send you the model.

UPDATED:

16993011.png

Download here

TheDoctor made a post with a HP, textured version. It's better than this. I suggest you use his, and save the poly's.

Crystals have always worked shadow...

And if you had done Modeling with Cirevamâ„¢ you would have heard that LW5 can't use game textures properly... I think...

Yeah, there seems to be a kind of exporting bug that won't let it export correctly.

You'll have to hex the colours, so it will be a blob of solid brown.

I have no clue how to hex edit...

If I upload the file(s), can/will someone edit it and upload?

med_gallery_23_44_158176.png

Almost there! Just to darken it a bit...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:

med_gallery_23_44_191044.png

Darkened! I'll see what I can do to make it redder and lower.

Great job! I did this the other day but It didn't seem to work. I believe it was because I was not exporting as LW5. I'll give it another go today.

I'm not sure, but there were 100's of ore in that test I tested the ore in. And it lagged a bit. So ima remake the ore with one less subsurf level and see how it performs.

Maybe someone should make the LEGO model of the ore, and upload that and make that a LRR model; then it'd be LEGO!

You know what? I'll try that; using LeoCAD, Blender, and LW.

No offence, but your ore looks like regindeer chocolate. I made a high poly ore that ACTUALLY LOOKS GOOD IN 10 MINUTES. Both cirevam and addict said it looked good. I'll upload pics and the lwo when I can get Internet back, or spend enough time abusing CloudBrowse.

One other thing, THOUSANDS OF POLYS? WTF MAN. The origional ore model has 14 polys. Mine has 40, and still looks good. Give me a break… (inb4kitkat bar)

Edit: My bad. I didn't know you were insane enough to have thousands of ANYTHING whilst testing, be it polys, ore, or anything else you could have a thousand of.

I've tried modeling in Wings3d, but it doesn't support LW5 >_>

That may he true, but you can undoubtedly export as .obj, right? I do that for using Ldraw parts, I convert them into obj and import them with MilkShape then make magic. If you want, you can model something and myself or cirevam can export it as an LWO.

Mine has 42 >.>

And go ahead. Yell at me. Make fun of me. Insult my work. See if I care. Never did I say that you had to use it.

Also, the newer version doesn't look like reindeer chocolate, and never did I say there were 1000's of poly's.

Saying that one rock is better than another rock is like saying that one kind of water is the wettest. Doc, yours looks good because of the way the smoothing groups happened to blend each face differently. PWNZOR's doesn't do that, but a round boulder is fine too. Just don't be a jerk about it, or perhaps post a picture of yours so others can compare.

Oh cirevam and your trademark comparisons. Yeah I know I was kinda a jerk, I'm like that sometimes. I do intend to upload and post the pics and mod. It will be up before the hour is over.

Edit 1: Here is the picture:

Edit 2: Here is the file: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/files/file/98-half-decent-high-poly-ore/

Edit 2: Here is the file: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/files/file/98-half-decent-high-poly-ore/

[#10870] We could not find the file specified

[#10870] We could not find the file specified

That is because no one has approved it yet.

Addictgamer

That is because no one has approved it yet.

Where do you get your info? ;)

Hmm...Tough to decide which is better.

Partly because I don't know which pic is the latest of PWNZOR's work.

In the end though, I can see it coming to a, "They're both good, use whichever ore you happen to have installed."

How many of you are aware that there is an ore.lwo in Buildings/Powerstation ? Not to mention 3 .bmp's for it.

That's an even lower-poly ore, similar to the low-poly crystal. It's never used for anything, and for good reason; it looks terrible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.