Debug Keys Help

Uggafreek

Okay, that's an exaggeration. What I mean is our languages, our measurement systems (length, volume, and weight), our government, our politics definately...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PWNZOR

• Uggafreek

• Amauros

• Cirevam

In terms of learning languages (what was the original topic again..?), German is very hard. Spanish is probably one of the easiest. French has impossible pronunciation, and is quite hard. But not as hard as German.

Addictgamer

Great to see the problem is solved!

Now, carry on with the language discussion in a separate topic.

i have found to get debug keys to work in vista i had to edit the registry(regedit.exe) and under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders

there is a value labeled AutorunParameters right click it, click modify, in value data type your selected command-line text (-debug, -best, -testlevels, ext.) click ok close registry editor and run the game.

WARNING: If you dont know what your doing you can ruin your computer. Follow the directions exactly as written. DO NOT TOUCH anything else in the registry.

I am not responsible for your ruining of your computer.

I have Vista and the debug keys work for me. Maybe it's because I follow instructions and don't over-complicate things like diving into the registry, but I might just be lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason my debug keys are working despite a lack of -debug in my shortcut. I thought that was required whether or not you've edited the cfg. O.o

You've never needed -debug, just have DebugKeysEnabled TRUE or something like that. Maybe some people need the shortcut parameter too, but what do I know?

Well I'm running some tests on the shortcut keys listed in the cfg with various parameters enabled/disabled; removing -debug didn't disable the debug keys which caught me off-guard.

• 5 months later...

I saw in one video that some one had enabled 3rd person functions in first person. How did they do that?

I want to say the they used the debug keys.

If I remember correctly, certain debug keys allow you to enter FP mode.

These debugs keys retain the 3rd person buttons and whatnot.

The non-numpad numbers 1, 2, and 3 activate the different camera views without changing the menus. This is how I was able to show a raider eating a sandwich in first person.

• 2 weeks later...

Elaborate, por favor?

I press Ctr + d and d and i dont lose ive tried all the debug keys that are listed at http://rockraidersunited.org/wiki/index.php?title=Debug_Keys and none work.

Some Debug keys:

5 (number row)- 5 is strange. it will shrink the spotlight, then make it fill the screen. Alternating between 5 and 6 will change the size of the spotlight.

J- My favorite. Places an electric fence. Anytime. Even at the beginning. DISCLAIMER: Must have Power Station for electric fences to destroy "monstrous' threats! (HAHA! I made a pun!!... OK, not so funny anymore.)

8 & 9 (number pad)- 8 will decrease the game speed. 9 will increase game speed.

L- Instant mission complete. However, will NOT unlock levels.

By the way, did you save after the mod? Not trying to call you stupid. Also, mods won't take effect until after you save and restart RR.

Edited by TheSmartOne

Some Debug keys:

5 (number row)- 5 is strange. it will shrink the spotlight, then make it fill the screen. Alternating between 5 and 6 will change the size of the spotlight.

J- My favorite. Places an electric fence. Anytime. Even at the beginning. DISCLAIMER: Must have Power Station for electric fences to destroy "monstrous' threats! (HAHA! I made a pun!!... OK, not so funny anymore.)

By the way, did you save after the mod? Not trying to call you stupid. Also, mods won't take effect until after you save and restart RR.

Actually, all of these have already been found.

There's a topic that has all of them too, somewhere...

L is actually "lose the mission instantly".

Some Debug keys:

Well then why does it say "Mission completed!" if you press L?

Some Debug keys:

It says Mission Complete when you press Ctrl+S (this also turns the sound on/off). L is loose instantly.

Some Debug keys:

Ever tried losing a mission? It does that too. It's part of the end-of-level screen image.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.