Amauros

World Textures - Wish List

Amauros

a powered version of it?

More importantly, where is mound.lwo even used in the game??

s0d3rb3rg

Dunno, but here:

lrrpcbeta5.png

You see the weird looking Power Path around the buildings? That's Mound.bmp right there. Now, what would be veery niicee is if you made a powered version of it.

Amauros

yeah... but... it just looks like gravel... how the heck am I supposed to power gravel?? This one may take a while...

Jessietail

yeah... but... it just looks like gravel... how the heck am I supposed to power gravel?? This one may take a while...

Since it's the power path for the buildings, I'm guessing you give it a blue glow just like you do with the regular power paths.

Edit:

[10:44:40 PM] Addictgamer: insert blue glow everywhere there's cracks in the gravel

s0d3rb3rg

Since it's the power path for the buildings, I'm guessing you give it a blue glow just like you do with the regular power paths.

No, that.

daddy7860

Maybe it's possible to do a grass scenario with boulders and cliffs perhaps? Or maybe like a moon base? where there are craters and all the rocks are grey? idk lol

Jessietail

Hmm.... I'll shoot for September/October on those.

It's November now. Not trying to rush you :P I know you're busy and you'll be getting back soon it not already, just a gentle reminder. I'm in no hurry, just wanting to make sure this topic doesn't get left in the dust for a while.

Mattehw

Could you make a texture that makes the caves look like the vids with the more realistick rock colores

Gemster312

If anything, the only thing I would request is HD of the originals :)

Then after something like that, i might need to think of some other cool themes :P

DeathJack93

What's about a really scarry cavern (or even sth. like catacombs)? For example with skulls on the wall, or old ancient ruins, etc. ...

Cyrem

Erm... can you put up a download for the Snow Biome 1.0? It seems to have disappeared.

I found it on my computer, so I added it to the topic :)

peanut

i have a request could you make an above ground one?

like have it a grayish sad thing for the ground and all the walls with that same mid-gray color like you are on the planets surface.

also i would like it to have the cave "ROOF" black with white specs(stars) sorta like mineing on the moon.

peanut

no i mean for another planet i am not THAT new to rock raiders

Cyrem

i have a request could you make an above ground one?

like have it a grayish sad thing for the ground and all the walls with that same mid-gray color like you are on the planets surface.

also i would like it to have the cave "ROOF" black with white specs(stars) sorta like mineing on the moon.

I believe Amauros was just going to finish texture packs he promised other people and the was going to stop. He's been busy with other stuff so I wouldn't count on him starting new texture packs.

peanut

oh ok then ill do it only i dont know what file is the roof.. well ill find it.

Rock Raider fan no.1

Is it possible to make a custom texture set and have it standalone? Not replace an existing texture set with the one you want to use?

Cirevam

Yes. In the CFG, define the paths to your new biome in the Textures { section, like this:

Textures {

Blarg {
rooftexture World\WorldTextures\blargroof.bmp
surftextwidth 8
surftextheight 8
meshbasename World\ProMeshes\BlargPM
texturebasename World\WorldTextures\Blargbiome\Blargz
}
Then in the level entry, do this to make that level use your biome:
TextureSet Textures::Blarg
RockFallStyle Blargstyle

Rockfall is the bunches of rocks that come out of a drilled wall. Changing them is pretty much the same as the biomes, but the folder is stored in MiscAnims instead of World.