World Textures - Wish List

Amauros

Drill Master

I have a question... Is it possible to make the walls smooth in RR eye view cause I'm working on a texture pack. It looks good in over view but when I look at it in eye view it looks bad cause of the rocky look that the walls have. Any way to change this?

BTW its a Space Station Texture Pack

You can remove the promesh files for that biome and the game should not yell at you*. They're all LWOs with "PM" somewhere in the name and can be found in WorldProMeshes. Alternatively, there's a CFG setting right at the top called WallProMeshes TRUE, and changing that to FALSE might disable all promeshes in the game.

* Ground tiles do not have promeshes in the vanilla game but they can be added in easily and Recharge Seams don't have them either, leading me to believe that the game doesn't care if they are there or not.

• Like 1

Drill Master

You can remove the promesh files for that biome and the game should not yell at you*. They're all LWOs with "PM" somewhere in the name and can be found in WorldProMeshes. Alternatively, there's a CFG setting right at the top called WallProMeshes TRUE, and changing that to FALSE might disable all promeshes in the game.

* Ground tiles do not have promeshes in the vanilla game but they can be added in easily and Recharge Seams don't have them either, leading me to believe that the game doesn't care if they are there or not.

Thanks I'll try that... are you in need of a space station biome?

Yeah, Cirevam is right, I can confirm all of that. I disabled all promeshes via CFG a while back because they didn't look right with my biomes/didn't work/never would be seen anyway (no first person).

• 7 months later...

Is it possible to make a custom texture set and have it standalone? Not replace an existing texture set with the one you want to use?

Yes. In the CFG, define the paths to your new biome in the Textures { section, like this:

Textures {

Blarg {
rooftexture WorldWorldTexturesblargroof.bmp
surftextwidth 8
surftextheight 8
meshbasename WorldProMeshesBlargPM
texturebasename WorldWorldTexturesBlargbiomeBlargz
}

Then in the level entry, do this to make that level use your biome:

TextureSet Textures::Blarg
RockFallStyle 	 Blargstyle

Rockfall is the bunches of rocks that come out of a drilled wall. Changing them is pretty much the same as the biomes, but the folder is stored in MiscAnims instead of World.

I tried that, using some default animations, but all I get is a grey, untextured, world!

I'm not sure if anyone helped. Could someone please help me with that?

I'm not sure if anyone helped. Could someone please help me with that?

If your biome is all gray you need to change the BMP's to indexed colour.

Yeah, well now it's crashing, after the loading screen ends after I edited a level to use "DesertSplit".

I'll change the bmps to indexed, and then could you help me with the crashing problem please? I'll embed a spoiler with the code.

EDIT: What number should I use for the indexed colors? 256?

EDIT2.0: They're already indexed. Here's the code, btw

EDIT3.0: As I was typing EDIT2.0, I think I fixed the code :P. I just hope they'll show up as textured...

EDIT4.0

O.T.

Seriously?!
: It still crashes, and they're already in indexed format!!! What's up!? I'll send you the code, for real this time.

Desert {

rooftexture WorldWorldTexturesDESERTROOF.bmp

surftextwidth 8

surftextheight 8

meshbasename WorldProMeshesRockPM

texturebasename WorldWorldTexturesDesertSplitDesert

}

EDIT5.0: So many typos, that's something you have to avoid as a programmer

EDIT5.5: Still crashing, even without the typos.

I'm still working on the vanishing part.

The only thing I'm working on now is finishing Cirevam's biome for TR; then I'm done with modding.  I spend more time on the OC forums than this these days.

That's very disappointing. All those promised biomes not happening - but the only one I was interested in that much (Rocky-Ice) has been made by someone else. Oh well. Thanks for the awesome stuff you've given us already, and for finishing your Time Raiders biome. I hope you'll change your mind later, but at least you've made a big contribution already.

It would be more helpful if you made your own topic asking for help instead of asking in a topic that is meant for something else entirely.

Oh. Alright... It's just that this question was already asked here, and I figured that I could re-ask and get some help.

One more question: In this part of the code

texturebasename WorldWorldTexturesBlargbiomeBlargz 

What do I put in where "Blargz" is? Do I have to put in the file name of the images?

You just...admitted to doing something wrong...and then double posted and did it again, this time going further off-track...

Hm7gD.gif

Look at the other biomes, they'll tell you exactly how everything is set up. Why are you asking us when the answers are right in front of you?

But all the file names are changed. I renamed the bmps to DES##. I'm not sure whether this is the correct way or not.

Making a new topic. As Cirevam suggested I do. Sorry for all the trouble.

That's very disappointing. All those promised biomes not happening - but the only one I was interested in that much (Rocky-Ice) has been made by someone else. Oh well. Thanks for the awesome stuff you've given us already, and for finishing your Time Raiders biome. I hope you'll change your mind later, but at least you've made a big contribution already.

I have a wall texture for the Rocky-Ice biome and that's about it.  The work I spent on it actually turned into the Snow biome that I made, which is probably one of the few complete projects I'm proud of. :P

But yeah, I mentioned the fact I was leaving the modding field quite a while ago, but that was in the moderator forums.  Sorry I forgot to mention it here. :|

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.