World Textures - Wish List

Amauros

Ok if you read the title and description, you should have a fairly good idea about what I'm going to say.

If there is a particular texture set you would like, I'll try to make them. I mean since now we know that we can have +41 texture sets (1 per level, and if we can add new levels, that's even more possibilities), we need to have some idea on what to make.

First rule, MAP TEXTURES ONLY. I'm not redoing RR's or buildings.

Second rule, NO off the wall themes... these need to be realistic and something that people will actually want to see. I'm not going to make texture sets that are just for laughs. If you do, you better have a really good reason. (like extreme wanted a space theme, I'll be willing to do that if someone will make a space-suit raider with flying animations, I'm not going to make it just so we can laugh at the little RR's walking through space)

Third rule, try to be as detailed as you can about what you want. It can even be just a little tweak on the vanilla texture sets. (plz include the color of energy crystal and energy crystal seam you would like)

----

Blue - on Standby

Red - 1-35% finished

Orange - 36-64%% finished

Gold - 65-99% finished

Green - 100% finished and uploaded

** indicates the color of the EC's in the textures.

! means that matching RM textures have been made for the set

Rocky-ice*

Post-Lava*

Sand*

Acid rock

Inside the LMS Explorer

----

The above list is what I already plan to do. If you have any other themes you would like (like a deepblue-ice cavern or something), please make some requests. And you other modders can feel free to help out if you wish. :P

Anyways, I NEED IDEAS, so plz help. :)

Also, I may reskin the RM's and such to reflect their texture set, but those will come later.

Requests:

Extreme's special request**

Forest Texture

Addict's special request

Cirevam's special request

Completed:

Ice Vs. 1.0

Snowy-white ice** Vs. 2.0

Rock** Vs. 1.0

Lava** Vs. 1.0

Uploaded for Peer Review:

512x512 RockSplit

Already sent you my ideas on a space theme, then Cirevam/Cyrem could model Space Raiders and we could have some really awesome new Overhaul!

Anonymouse

Cirevam/Cyrem could model Space Raiders

How about you? You don't need lightwave to model, make the model and send it to them to be exported. If you're really expecting either of them to model it for you I'm pretty sure you can forget about your idea because cyrem and cirevam are already busy enoguh.

Actully Amauros I need a few textures for my Overhaul "SKN". I'll PM you though with my ideas cause I have quite a wierd list that I want to keep a "secret".

Oh and mouse...Got it.

You mean something like making the entire cavern appear reinforced? (like in the movies) The powerpaths already have that cement appearance...

By the way, those epic textures you're making right now, do they come with the blue crystals being optional with green ones?

Forest Texture.

We need a chainsaw xD

Grey lego baseplate texture.

You mean the foundations for all the buildings? I might could do that, but those are part of the buildings themselves not the map textures.

By the way, those epic textures you're making right now, do they come with the blue crystals being optional with green ones?

I can include some green ones yes. ;) That will take a little longer though because changing only the crystals' color without changing the rock color is a bit of a challenge (I didn't save the green ones unfortunately >.> ).

Grey lego baseplate texture.

You mean the foundations for all the buildings? I might could do that, but those are part of the buildings themselves not the map textures.

new-1.jpg

EDIT: 100nd post YEEEAAAHHHH!

Edited by Argiflex

Ok the lava textures have been uploaded. I decided to upload them because I think some people may like them better as they are, but I'm going to tweak it a little bit till it's to MY satisfaction and upload it later.

I'm the Ice and Rock splits will be uploaded today as well, I just have some minor touches to make on them.

Edit: Ok the Ice and Rock splits are uploaded. Please let me know of any bugs (textures not showing up ingame, etc). Also please comment on them. (constructive criticism is very much appreciated)

Ok first off, I'd like to ask if any veteran gfx modders know how to brighten the caverns and/or texture's appearance? My ice/snow texture isn't turning out quite like I want it to ingame. It looks almost black and white, but that's because the white doesn't stand out as much as it needs to... I can't really brighten the texture anymore than it is because the .bmp is already saving most of that in white so I need a way to brighten the cavern itself to look right. Can anyone help me with this?

---

Updated first post. I'm going to be working on Extreme's request next, and I'm considering doing the heaven/hell textures and maybe the forest texture.

Enable debug keys and hold the 5 key down until the light fills the screen. Alternatively, there's a Brightness setting in the Options menu, but that's more of a contrast setting than a lighting setting.

Yeah but see even in the max setting it doesn't quite do it justice... especially not in 1st/2nd person.

Is there a way of adjusting the brightness controls?

So just to request, can you make the rock and lava (and maybe the 3 you have up there) released with original green recharge/crystals in the seams (when you have a chance)?

Yeah I'll have the green one's up eventually. I'm making templates to save myself some trouble when I'm wanting to use different color crystals.

And Acid rock... do you just want acid for lava, or shall I make the cave have green acidic appearance as well?

lol username

Acid for lava, and the walls could have kind of a green, eroded look with a light green tint. Same with the ground if possible. Cracks with a green tint would be cool...

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.