Wad Refinery 2.0

Cyrem

you cannot modify from the program files due to some microsoft security feature :rf:

It's called security. Would you want just any user changing or deleting files that programs need to run? Oops, bro deleted chrome.exe. Oh well. Too bad there wasn't anything to stop him, like the concept of administrator permissions.

No, it will not work even with admin rights, and here is the funny thing, I can cut paste delete etc till my brain melts, but cannot extract or modify files, not even .txt.

Well you probably shouldn't be mucking about in Program Files anyways. You ALWAYS copy/paste a LRR install into your home folder for modding.

For anybody using windows 7, you have to copy the wads to the desktop or to any place but the program files and extract them there, then move them back into the lrr folder, you cannot modify from the program files due to some microsoft security feature :rf:

Not all W7 users have this issue, only a few people have had this problem.

I have LRR installed on a different partition so I never have to worry about User Account Control interfering with modding programs. You could try that, jg325.

That requires d*** partitioning and knowlage of how to do, right? That might be more work than its worth, besides i fixed it by having a folder on my desktop that I just do it all in.

It's relatively easy actually. You just need to move (or copy) the directory and then change the shortcuts' targets to your new folder.