Wad Refinery 2.0

Cyrem

This tool is old and has been replaced with >WAD Recycler.

Wad Refinery 2.0

Wad Refinery makes building, un-packing, and backing up both Lego Rock Raider's Wad files a one click process. Just dump the program in your LRR install directory, make your changes in the LegoRR1 and LegoRR0 folders, then whenever you want just start Wad Refinery and it will re-build both Wad files so you can test your changes. This is also a easy alternative to people who use the no-wad method as you can go back to using the WAD method and not have to use the WAD Tool to compile changes each to you modify some things.

This tool can also be used to un-pack and backup the Wad's. In the archive you download there is a Bat file that will start Wad Refinery with the parameter to un-pack or backup instead of building the Wad's.

New in 2.0

Wad Refinery 2.0 is a complete re-write of the program and these are the improvements over 1.0.

• No more Command Prompt Windows!
  • Backup WAD's
  • UnPack to Data Folder

Download: here

Please post "feedback" rather then questions like "Will this even work?" or "I don't get it...".

Enjoy.

Edited by Slimy Slug

Anonymouse

Sorry this isn't feedback, I haven't had a chance to test it yet...

But how did you program it? Does it use a backend (possibly ogun's WAD tool?) or is the WAD parser implemented directly into it?

Also, is it able to unpack the WADs to the Data folder and move or rename the original wads in one click too?

TheEPICtrainrider

So this is why you haven't released another version of Raiderball or the MC! I'll give it a shot after school. (I use the No-wads thing, but I have the wads stored somewhere)

Sorry this isn't feedback, I haven't had a chance to test it yet...

But how did you program it? Does it use a backend (possibly ogun's WAD tool?) or is the WAD parser implemented directly into it?

Also, is it able to unpack the WADs to the Data folder and move or rename the original wads in one click too?

It uses ogun's WAD Tool. I thought I might put it to use. No it doesn't do that, but thanks for the idea.

So this is why you haven't released another version of Raiderball or the MC! I'll give it a shot after school. (I use the No-wads thing, but I have the wads stored somewhere)

Not sure what I'll do with Raiderball yet and I didn't feel like working on MC, so I did thought i'd do something different like this and PowerPatcher(not officially released yet though).

• 2 weeks later...

Wad Refinery 2.0 is now out!

New in 2.0

Wad Refinery 2.0 is a complete re-write of the program and these are the improvements over 1.0.

• No more Command Prompt Windows!
  • Backup WAD's
  • UnPack to Data Folder

Download in first post.

i found that the wadrefinery 2.0 was recognized as a trojan horse. i believe this is because the method in which it unpacks the data. For those who use good antivirus you might want to disable it before running the rifinery.

On a side note, i still had command prompts pop up when the program was ran.

What antivirus software do you use? I have yet to use the wad refinery because I use the data folder method, so I don't know if Avast would class it as a trojan horse... even if it did I could tell Avast otherwise and it wouldn't bother me again lol.

i found that the wadrefinery 2.0 was recognized as a trojan horse. i believe this is because the method in which it unpacks the data. For those who use good antivirus you might want to disable it before running the rifinery.

That's weird. It would have to be false positive. What anti-virus are you using (don't say Norton)?

If you run one of the bat files you'll have 1 that comes up. So did you have the NPL Tool prompts as well did you? Wait, if that was the case, the program shouldn't have worked... hmm.

• 2 weeks later...

That's weird. It would have to be false positive. What anti-virus are you using (don't say Norton)?

If you run one of the bat files you'll have 1 that comes up. So did you have the NPL Tool prompts as well did you? Wait, if that was the case, the program shouldn't have worked... hmm.

im sure it was a false positive cause when i scanned it it came up clean. I am the it guy at work so i use the corporate version of NAV. About the Prompts it was just command prompt that popped up.

I use Nortan and it complained about Wad Refinery. It even complained about the program I was making! Damn Norton, fact of the matter is they have too much security.

Bioniclemaster

well, i downloaded it, unpacked it to the rock raider folder and i tried to unpack the wads to folders. only thing is that there isnt anything contained within the legorr0 and legorr1 folders. nothing! any idea cyrem? as far as i know i followed the instructions correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Amauros has never heard of the multiple WAD method. If I find the topic I'll post the link, otherwise he'll have to search.

I tried it. It made LegoRR0 and LegoRR1.wad, but did not make LegoRR2.wad

Why would it make LegoRR2.wad? I never made it to do that. You could just...I don't know... rename the file?

Sonic322, Trying striders will make no difference, It does the same thing...

Amauros has never heard of the multiple WAD method. If I find the topic I'll post the link, otherwise he'll have to search.

Why would it make LegoRR2.wad? I never made it to do that. You could just...I don't know... rename the file?

Cirevam, ^That^

The Slimy Slug

it doesnt work for me

i put the 2 legorr folders into the installation directory, ran the wad refinery and it said that the legorr0 and legorr1 folders could not be found! please help!

it doesnt work for me

i put the 2 legorr folders into the installation directory, ran the wad refinery and it said that the legorr0 and legorr1 folders could not be found! please help!

Huh? Why were the folders not in the install directory to begin with?

What are you trying to do? Extract the WAD files or make new ones?

What are you talking about? Did strider make another tool? because as far as I know, his wad tool is manual so it can be set to make many wads, otherwise the manywad method wouldn't work.

What are you talking about? Did strider make another tool? because as far as I know, his wad tool is manual so it can be set to make many wads, otherwise the manywad method wouldn't work.

Again I'll just quote what I said:

You could just...I don't know... rename the file?

• 2 weeks later...

WAD Refinery 2.0 isn't working for me. It creates the folders and leaves them empty. And the 1st one works fine. What's going on here?

• 1 year later...

For anybody using windows 7, you have to copy the wads to the desktop or to any place but the program files and extract them there, then move them back into the lrr folder, you cannot modify from the program files due to some microsoft security feature :old_rf:

you cannot modify from the program files due to some microsoft security feature :rf:

It's called security. Would you want just any user changing or deleting files that programs need to run? Oops, bro deleted chrome.exe. Oh well. Too bad there wasn't anything to stop him, like the concept of administrator permissions.

you cannot modify from the program files due to some microsoft security feature :rf:

It's called security. Would you want just any user changing or deleting files that programs need to run? Oops, bro deleted chrome.exe. Oh well. Too bad there wasn't anything to stop him, like the concept of administrator permissions.

No, it will not work even with admin rights, and here is the funny thing, I can cut paste delete etc till my brain melts, but cannot extract or modify files, not even .txt.