Halo Map Testing Share By Extreme110

McJobless

Bug Testing Opinions  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is the Forward Assualter Fun To Use?

• HELL YEAH!
    • Yes
    • No
    • OH HELL NO
    • Well...It Depends...

Ok Guys, you know you want to! I am uploading here tests of various map items, like weapons, vehicles and AI. Report any bugs with a map to my PM. Thanks Guys!

Note: All the maps I send will be on the level "Tutorial". This means you will need to over-write any previous test you have downloaded from here.

MAP_TEST: A000

REVISION: 1

TEST_CONDITION: WEAPON

CONDITION_DESCRITION: Forward Assualt Rifle Test. Shoots Tank Shells as a Rrimary Trigger. Shoots Regular AR bullets as Secondary Trigger.

How To Test: Paste this file in your Maps directory. Load any Slayer-Based game on the map Tutorial, then fire this gun. There SHOULD be 2 fire modes, one is a tank, and the other is regular Assualt Rifle ammo.

Anything to look out for:

->Should not throw grenades when firing the secondary gun (Use the Right-Mouse button to fire AR bullets)

->Special Effects may appear, but these are expected and wanted (I'll release more on this later) [This feature will be added much later]

->This weapon accepts any AR ammo you find (E.g. AR Gun with spare ammo or a ammo box). After walking over any AR, you should have more ammo.

KNOWN_BUGS:

+REVISION 0.1

->Firing the AR bullets hurts you instead of enemies (-BUG_CODE: A1 -STATUS: RESOLVED)

->Firing the missiles slows down the server (-BUG_CODE: A2_1 -STATUS: UN-RESOLVED)

+REVISION 1

->Firing the missiles slows down the server (-BUG_CODE: A2_2 -STATUS: UN-RESOLVED)

->No HUD for Secondary Trigger (-BUG_CODE: A3 -STATUS: UN-RESOLVED)

WORKING_CONTENT

+REVISION 0.1

->Both Triggers Work Properly and fire the correct ammunition

+REVISION 1

->Both Triggers Work Properly and fire the correct ammunition

->Reload works

->Player No Longer damaged by firing AR Bullets

DOWNLOAD_LINK_A:

Bug Notes

Note: Text that is striked means that the bug has new information or is acting a little different and is now under a new bug number. Green color and strike-out means the bug is resolved and no-longer requires a fix.

+A000

A1: Unsure what is causing this, but I am labeling this as priority.

A2_1: This is most likely due to the small size of the map, with so many collisions happening at one time because little length for the missiles to impact. Should work on a large map.

A2_2: Found out that this is because of the huge power it takes to draw the missiles, smoke trails and the decals it needs to draw after a collision PLUS figuring out how much damage it needs to draw and splash damage values at rapid fire. Probably can get away with this though by lowering the speed of the fire (Fire Rate Value).

A3: I'll be working on this feature eventually, but it takes a while to build!

||.:.:End:.:.||

REMEMBER! You may repot bugs in these comments, but I would prefer if you add them to a PM then send it to me. Also, any content distributed in these Beta Maps DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL GAME QUALITY!

Good Luck Cadets.

-More Info Later-

Also, as a bonus, a preview of a special vehicle...

previe10.jpg

Hooray!

TheEPICtrainrider

You see, I don't have Halo. And I don't think everyone here does. So... find a Halo forum?

Aki Dazrold

I assume this modification is for Halo CE? I don't have it, but maybe you can get ftgSarge to test a few of these.

• 1 month later...

I could test it out but when I click on the attached file I get this error: [#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.