Ride Slimey Slugs Mod

Cirevam

Ride Slimey Slugs

Behold, the first vehicle mod, the drivable Slimy Slug. You may remember when such a feat was only spoken in whispers when discussing the beta content. But now, a little more of the beta is here.

The drivable Slimy Slug is based on the Hover Scout so you'll find many similarities. It's a little bit slower and you can't teleport it since slugs are obviously only found in the wild. When you install this mod a slug will be added to the first mission so you can try it out.

Patchman Patch: Download

Old Info

As for installation, we're providing two different patch files, one for WAD users and one for No-Wad Data users. Just put the files into your LRR directory and run the patch file for the method you use. Afterwards, compile if necessary and run the game. Have fun.

In addition to this great release, it uses Cyrem’s new mod patching tool ‘PowerPatcher’. This patcher pretty much gives the user the opportunity to do nothing whatsoever. Sit back and relax while the patcher modifies and moves around the required files. Just remember to clean up after it by deleting the patcher from your Rock Raiders install directory.

Download: Here

If the above patcher isn't working for you, or if you don't want it to edit level01, use the manual patcher found here.

IMPORTANT EDIT: We've received several complaints that the mod isn't installing correctly or the slugs don't appear in the first level. If it's causing the game to crash after installation, try it on a fresh installation and see if it works then. If the slugs aren't appearing in Driller Night, check your CFG for a DrivingSlug entry, then replace one of the objects in the OL with a DrivingSlug.

• Like 1

TheEPICtrainrider

Welp. I think I might have just peeded a little from excitement.

Wait. Now I can't get it to work.

I load up the patch. And then play Driller Night. But nothing happens! Damn it...

Who ever can get it to work, please post a screen-shot on how it's supposed to work.

Welp. I think I might have just peeded a little from excitement.

Wait. Now I can't get it to work.

I load up the patch. And then play Driller Night. But nothing happens! Damn it...

Who ever can get it to work, please post a screen-shot on how it's supposed to work.

Me and Cirevam have tested it quite a few times over. Most likely it didn't patch the files because it couldn't find them. Did you make sure you extracted everything to the LegoRR directory and ran the correct bat file?

If you have to just add a DrivingSlug into a map via the OL. If it doesn't work then, well, you didn't install it correctly.

If you have to just add a DrivingSlug into a map via the OL. If it doesn't work then, well, you didn't install it correctly.

The patcher should add it to level 1's ol.

Easiest way to check to see if the patch worked is if you open level 1's ol and see if you can see 'Sluggy' and 'SlugMaster' down the bottom.

If it's not there, you didn't patch it properly.

Bioniclemaster

just a quick question. with this mod installed, will we be able to teleport a hover scout as well, or is it replaced by the slug?

Anonymouse

Is it possible to make our own mods with installers like that? Or are you (Cyrem) not planning to release PowerPatcher?

Also, call it RockPatcher otherwise people will associate it with power miners :P

I'm glad W7 makes it need admin. Because I denied it the 4th time so that it left level 1 alone (RtPU has a new level one so that would fail). And it looks... epic...

Is it possible to make our own mods with installers like that? Or are you (Cyrem) not planning to release PowerPatcher?

Also, call it RockPatcher otherwise people will associate it with power miners :P

It's called PowerPatcher as I associated it with the use of power in the game to turn building on. In this case PowerPatcher enable RR to run mods with minimal effort.

Yes I do plan to release it officially. But you can practically use the version which came with this for your own mods already as it runs Power Patcher script files. However I will release instructions on how to write these scripts.

Side Note: If you have modified Level 1 before the patch, it probably won't work if you have gotten rid of 'Object19' as it looks for that to place the new objects after.

HOLY COW YOU GUYS ACUTALLY GOT IT WORKING AND RELEASED IT!!! THIS MOD DESERVES A:

OMGWTFBBQ

Did you actually install it, or did you just say that?

RockmoddeR

Automatic is nice, but I prefer manual...driving and installation...at least I will when I can drive...

• 2 weeks later...
TheEPICtrainrider

LOL: http://forums.rockraidersunited.org/topic/944160/1/#new

And this mod will appear in my Overhual

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY COW YOU GUYS ACUTALLY GOT IT WORKING AND RELEASED IT!!! THIS MOD DESERVES A:

OMGWTFBBQ

I did install and try it out before I posted Cyrem. I'm not an idiot...

OMGWTFBBQ

I didn't say you were an idiot. Considering everyone has seemed to have problem installing it, you would be the first that has said otherwise. Also you never actually said you installed it, you were just all 'wow'.

OMGWTFBBQ

I didn't say you were an idiot. Considering everyone has seemed to have problem installing it, you would be the first that has said otherwise. Also you never actually said you installed it, you were just all 'wow'.

I installed it too... xD

I just seem to have failed to mention it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
minerboy6666

The Slimy Slug is a full addon, so installing it will not affect anything else.

Making it a full addon makes gives mod makers more potential to make better mods. Yes this is kinda useless to say but really, addons in a game this old? Now i can imagine so much more mod makers can implement in the game! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.