So this is what happens when I have enough time

Acmex

So lately I've had maybe a *bit* too much time on my hands.

Well, more of "Today I've been really feeling like doing something"

And so I present: The GTF Icantthinkofanamerightnow.

med_gallery_6_9_3191.png

Cirevam stated I should name it "Cool Beans", however, that doesn't seem like much of a name.

Most of that was done in school, however, I finalized it at home.

Its actually textured, but this is a pre-textured screenshot, so meh. >_>

UPDATE: gallery_6_9_41539.png

Yeah, I gave it a gun. You can also see some of the texture, which is pretty much applied across the whole thing :/

But some of you might have noticed my...construction... of something bigger.

At Cirevam's suggestion:

I unveil:

THE GTLD CHIMERA

med_gallery_6_9_13534.png

Measuring just over 850 meters from bow to stern, the "Chimera" class Light Destroyer packs more firepower into its hull than any previous Terran Destroyer.

Its armament consists of eleven beams, including two of the dreaded "Mjolnir" class of Terran Superbeam.

Also in the beam weapons category, it packs no less than FIVE "Big Green Beams" and four anti-fighter cannons.

Also dotted around its hull are two standard flak cannons, as well as a tri-barreled flak gun on the bottom.

Further adding to its weapon loadout are six blob turrets, two of which are mounted in tri-turrets for an increased rate of fire.

Her fighter complement numbers Thirty-Six, organized in four nine-man squadrons.

These destroyers are best grouped in packs with their own, as only fighters can truly keep pace with them, thanks to their twenty-five meter per second speed.

Yeah, its not textured yet, because I'm so lazy.

Also, moar pics :D

First version.

med_gallery_6_9_15651.png

First Version with fighter for compare.

med_gallery_6_9_6309.png

Second version, a multi view.

med_gallery_6_9_26478.png

The final revision minus textures, with a fighter to compare now.

med_gallery_6_9_5032.png

Quite frankly, take this as proof that anyone can model.

If you have time.

And texture.

If you have more time.

CnC, plz :)

If you want it, just let me know and I'll PM it. Not too many export options, however.

Hmmm...I could attempt it...but I need to have all that software, and hex skills?

I could just mod BA and add this unit and a building that builds that unit. Probably be a Lv. 3 aircraft plant that also builds flying krogoths. But sadly, 7zip won't let me put it in sd7 format.

Yes, they were.

And Non-"Pro" sketchup, at that.

You don't get a whole lot of detail, and I can't do much for texturing short of "coat the whole thing in Anodized Aluminum texture lol"

Heck, look at the original FS2 models. minus the texturing, the detail level is about the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.