Free music compiling program/file converter

TheEPICtrainrider

TheEPICtrainrider

Okay, I have a idea, but I need to do it over the summer, and I need two things first.

1. a m4a to mp3 converter.

2. Something that can compile music (ex. I want to have a gunshot with music playing in the background)

You see, WMM can't run m4a or have multiple levels of sound. So I was wondering if anyone here can help me out.

EDIT: I've figured out how to make Mpa's into Mp3's. Itunes has this thing where you can do it, but I had the settings wrong. So I just need a compiler.

I can't remember if NCH's Wavepad can open m4a files but it has a free version and should do most of what you want. I normally just use Wavepad for basic recording and Cubase for actual hardcore editing since Cubase just does tons more. Also, Cubase is made in Germany and you know the Germans always make good stuff, but NCH is probably not German which is why the free versions of their programs are very not-good.

Edit: The proper way to reply is to quote my post, replace everything with "use Audacity", then say one of the following: Fixed, fix'd, FXT. You never follow up a TL;DR with a statement that can be interpreted as a fix because TL;DR means that you didn't read the post and Fixed means that you did. LURK MOAR

I can't remember if NCH's Wavepad can open m4a files but it has a free version and should do most of what you want. I normally just use Wavepad for basic recording and Cubase for actual hardcore editing since Cubase just does tons more. Also, Cubase is made in Germany and you know the Germans always make good stuff, but NCH is probably not German which is why the free versions of their programs are very not-good.

tl;dr, use audacity.

TheEPICtrainrider

I don't mean to sound like TheDoctor or Lair when I say this... but... Do you know any free-low grade ones?

I don't mean to sound like TheDoctor or Lair when I say this... but... Do you know any free-low grade ones?

A: You don't

B: Free, audacity. Low-grade, what do you mean?

Wavepad is essentially the low-grade version of Audacity, but no one listens to me because I actually know about audio programs and engineering having grown up around it.

But hey, not everyone can afford Nuendo.

• 2 weeks later...

For conversion I use dbpoweramp. For composing/arranging I use Ableton Live.

The sad thing is that you have to pay for both...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.