• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffy Cupcake

• Cyrem

• aLPHA

• bartvbl

LR2 sould have a say at this Right? am I right? Lair you posted LR2 Hax0r didn't you

Well I've started on LR1 because I can extract the data file already. But LR2 will come when we figure out it's data file.

Fluffy Cupcake

Isn't gamedata.gtc its data file?

I would really like to mod LR2, as I prefer it over LR1.

You should check out this guy's vids he has done some cool LR2 hacks. Unfortunately he rarely shares how to do them with anyone. :(

Isn't gamedata.gtc its data file?

I would really like to mod LR2, as I prefer it over LR1.

You should check out this guy's vids he has done some cool LR2 hacks (and I don't think it is with cheat engine). Unfortunately he rarely shares how to do them with anyone. :(

Yes it's a data file, but we've got to figure out how to extract all the files from within it so we can edit them as we please. I will start looking into it more. I think both LR1 and 2 are good games.

I looked at what a .gtc file is. I forgot now, but I believe that a special extractor for another game that uses the .gtc file exists. I haven't tried it, but a simple Google Search on [filename-I forgot again].gtc and you will find it.

I looked at what a .gtc file is. I forgot now, but I believe that a special extractor for another game that uses the .gtc file exists. I haven't tried it, but a simple Google Search on [filename-I forgot again].gtc and you will find it.

It'd be great if you could remember because all my searches result in nothing.

Fluffy Cupcake

Just a question, does Drome Racers use gamedata.gtc as well, because I looked up gamedata.gtc and I saw someone say they needed that file for their drome racers. I do have drome racers but I don't feel like installing it just to check. Also, I didn't find any other game with gamedata.gtc besides LR2 when looking it up.

@Cyrem, I also think both games are good. :)

Drome Racers uses what seems to be the LR2 engine, so that's a possibility. I don't remember if it had a .gtc file, but I never really bothered to look. Also, the ripper I used actually got a bunch of audio files out of LR2's gtc, but they were all static. Bad algorithm, but it's an older ripper so I don't expect it to always work with newer games. It works for LRR though!

JrMasterModelBuilder

It'd be great if you could remember because all my searches result in nothing.

Same here. :(

Just a question, does Drome Racers use gamedata.gtc as well, because I looked up gamedata.gtc and I saw someone say they needed that file for their drome racers. I do have drome racers but I don't feel like installing it just to check. Also, I didn't find any other game with gamedata.gtc besides LR2 when looking it up.

@Cyrem, I also think both games are good. :)

I think you can just look on the disc for the file. I believe it should be in plain view.

In the lego racers 2 directory, there is a file named "FILELIST.INF". I think this one contains the HEX values where the file starts in the GAMEDATA.GTC file. I bet that COMPRESS.INF acts as some kind of dictionary for a zip file (or whatever compressing tecnique they used).

Then there is a weird GDF.dll file (hidden) in that directory. Does anyone know what library that is? It might have something to do with the game data storage.

EDIT:

from a forum "GDF dll files are used by vista and 7 so games can be shown in your "games" folder, including info and such."

Could anyone running another version of windows than vista or XP check if they got this file too?

EDIT2:

the music fioles in the music folder are all WAV files. You can either open them in windows media player, but if you want to get rid of the message asking if media player should try to open it, copy the files somewhere else, and change the extension (otherwise the game cant use them anymore)

EDIT3:

Location of the save game file:

(Vista / 7): C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Games\LEGO Racers 2\Saved Games\GameSave (no extension)

JrMasterModelBuilder

In the lego racers 2 directory, there is a file named "FILELIST.INF". I think this one contains the HEX values where the file starts in the GAMEDATA.GTC file. I bet that COMPRESS.INF acts as some kind of dictionary for a zip file (or whatever compressing tecnique they used).

Then there is a weird GDF.dll file (hidden) in that directory. Does anyone know what library that is? It might have something to do with the game data storage.

EDIT:

from a forum "GDF dll files are used by vista and 7 so games can be shown in your "games" folder, including info and such."

Could anyone running another version of windows than vista or XP check if they got this file too?

EDIT2:

the music fioles in the music folder are all WAV files. You can either open them in windows media player, but if you want to get rid of the message asking if media player should try to open it, copy the files somewhere else, and change the extension (otherwise the game cant use them anymore)

EDIT3:

(Vista / 7): C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Games\LEGO Racers 2\Saved Games\GameSave (no extension)

Does Drome Racers have those .INF files? I don't have a copy. Anyway, I was wondering the same thing.

XP says no .DLL

My audios are .MPG

XP saves to: C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\My Documents\Games\LEGO Racers 2\Saved Games\GameSave

EDIT:

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

Does Drome Racers have those .INF files? I don't have a copy. Anyway, I was wondering the same thing.

XP says no .DLL

My audios are .MPG

XP saves to: C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\My Documents\Games\LEGO Racers 2\Saved Games\GameSave

Well I'll be getting a copy[Legit] of Dome Racers soon, so when it comes I'll check it out.

I got a copy (I pretty much got all lego games, but ok :P), and yes, there is the INF file list for drome racers too.

I think that if we have an extractor for lego racers 2, it will also work for drome racers.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I got a copy (I pretty much got all lego games, but ok :P), and yes, there is the INF file list for drome racers too.

I think that if we have an extractor for lego racers 2, it will also work for drome racers.

I figured as much. Is COMPRESS.INF exactly the same?

I doubt that. Most likely the COMPRESS.INF file contains the compressed and uncompressed file sizes. SO it would be different with each game.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I doubt that. Most likely the COMPRESS.INF file contains the compressed and uncompressed file sizes. SO it would be different with each game.

Probably, but it's worth a look. Either way, we should probably compare them.

Fluffy Cupcake

Just so you know, the vids that were talked about at the begging of this topic. (as mentioned in the title of this topic)

It is a possibility I might get some of kajeuter's cheats/codes. He said he would think about it. This is why he doesn't like giving them away.

oh i spend like a week non stop to find out all cheats and everyone wants them and when i send it, i got the feeling that i have found it for nothing.
He also said that he wanted to mod the gtc, but I told him that someone would make a extractor for it.

Just so you know, the vids that were talked about at the begging of this topic. (as mentioned in the title of this topic)

It is a possibility I might get some of kajeuter's cheats/codes. He said he would think about it.

You can do what he is doing with simple HEX editing and Memory Editing(Which BTW is VERY easy).He kind even gave it away with one of his comments "cheat engine is de safest and easyest way to hack, and i can know that". But both of those are pretty much hacks(not mods) and are nothing really special as you can do this stuff with most games.

He works a week on finding out those and doesn't want to share... LOL!!!(We've been working on RR stuff for over a year and we share) Seriously, if he wants to be like that he can keep his cheats, it won't take long for us to find them out anyway. He didn't know about the exe parameters....

The other thing is after all his hard one week work he wants to keep it all to himself... what does that accomplish? Might as well not have done it in the first place.

Fluffy Cupcake
It is a possibility I might get some of kajeuter's cheats/codes. He said he would think about it.
Scratch that, good news to all who wanted the codes, he said he would be put a download link to them on his Youtube profile after he created a text file explaining the values. And actually, I'm going to help with the text file.

lol username

Scratch that, good news to all who wanted the codes, he said he would be put a download link to them on his Youtube profile after he created a text file explaining the values. And actually, I'm going to help with the text file.

Great, this will save me some time and pain (I hate finding things with CE).

Fluffy Cupcake
Great, this will save me some time and pain (I hate finding things with CE).
Yes, yes it will save time and pain. I hate finding things with CE to because I can usually never find anything useful. I do have all the codes he has but I don't know if he wants me giving them yet. th_hmm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Enable wire frame mode:

Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, F9, F9, Enter, -

A cheat I found for drome racers..

Ill try it some time :)

lol username

You don't need a cheat, just add /wireframe to the shortcut in the same way you would do it to LR2.

drome_racers_wireframe_mode.png

I wonder if the other LR2 perimeters work as well?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.