Rock Raiders, the future generation

Bioniclemaster

Bioniclemaster

I'm still writing chapters, so that I can upload a chapter as frequent as possible. I'm involving several LEGO themes and for the sake of a good fan-fic, don't ban me becaus I will involve power miners(as a run to the real story, and it will only be mentioned in the prologue). Right now, I'm composing a team of 10 members, with me as leader. I want from each of you that want to participate a list of 10 RRU members that you want in my team. Start thinking!

The members that suggest the most useful suggestions will be mentioned.

I'll post the chapters in this topics, as attachments.

And enjoy the prologue!

Additional info.

The Rock Raiders originate from a time where interstellar travel was possible, and their own galaxy fully explored and charted. But they ended up 1 galaxy further, because of the wormhole.

Prologue.

At the end of the successful mining operation on planet U, the Rock Raiders finally had the chance to go home. With their warp drive activated, the journey to their own galaxy became within a reasonable time limit. But the amount of crystals onboard wasn’t infinite, so they set up a team of scientist for making the use of crystals more lucrative. This worked, so the rock raiders could go home without any worries. Despite the more lucrative use of crystals, the amount of crystals was drained so much, that the RRs had just enough to keep them alive and the normal engines running. But when they got to their home planet in the LEGO galaxy, they found that they had traveled back in time, because there were strong gravitational fields in their way, shifting the time-space. So with their home-coming, they used all their gathered information to boost the technology. This made it possible to explore other planets and systems within the LEGO galaxy. Years passed, the adventures of the RRs were not forgotten, the LEGO galaxy was colonized, and the world became a utopia. The powering of the L.M.S. Explorer was used to develop new, crystal-based powering systems. The only way to test these new systems, was powering it, but there were no sources within the LEGO galaxy. So they tried to recreate the crystals in laboratories. The only product of this were the rock monsters, which escaped from the creation facilities and hid deep beneath the earth’s surface. Years later, the world got in great danger, as there were massive earthquake’s occurring everywhere. The power miners team was formed to search for the source. They used the mining technology of the RRs and added their own, more advanced technology to it. And so they departed for the source. They found it, namely the rock monsters that were accidentally created years ago. The rock monsters were eliminated and thanks to them, crystal sources were found. These were brought back to the surface, used in the crystal-based powering systems and soon used everywhere in the galaxy. Mining for this essential energy source soon began on other planets, which were in most cases successful. And because of this, the technology got another boost, and the world got better once more. But after that, exploiters, thieves and villains appeared, who wanted to mine the crystals themselves and sell them for unimaginable prices. In a reaction to this, the galaxy council(GC) set up the hero factory and space police for protecting their crystals and the people against the villains. This was a successful move, but after decades, production of ready-to-use crystals began to lessen. This was because the sources slowly became exhausted. As every possible planet had been mined to the last crystal, they had to go and search for crystals in other galaxies. So the GC began searching for those sources. In the archives, they found the origin of their modern world, the ancient RRs crew with their L.M.S. Explorer. Soon after this, construction began on a new L.M.S. class ship, the L.M.S. Explorer II and new equipment and crew. With the last crystal in sight, the L.M.S. Explorer II and its crew departed with a limited supply of crystals for the planet U on which the RRs had mined the much-needed energy crystals.

The Rock Raiders were reborn.

fanfic_chapter0.doc

Addictgamer

Alright, the prologue snatched me into your story.

I can not wait to see what else we have coming.

As for the list of members...

Frizkie,

Dabomb29,

Mathiasjac,

Gmjab (Now cyrem),

Rock on RR (He changed his name on this forum, I think. Forgot to what though.),

Strider,

Fengo,

Thealexwebs,

ARandomKid,

Baz.

Yes, I know, weird list.

But...That's what I'm thinking

Bioniclemaster

@joe: if you want to be in it, make a list of 10 RRU members with yourself included.

tomorrow i'll post the list that will be included. and could you create a short personality sketch of the members, so that i can work with that as well?

Bioniclemaster

same as above: make a list! if there arent anymore lists by tomorrow, i will go with addictgamer's.

Addictgamer

Ok, I will post my personality sketch.

Writing it up write now.

Edit:

Alright, the prologue snatched me into your story.

I can not wait to see what else we have coming.

As for the list of members...

Frizkie,

Dabomb29,

Mathiasjac,

Gmjab (Now cyrem),

Rock on RR (He changed his name on this forum, I think. Forgot to what though.),

Strider,

Fengo,

Thealexwebs,

ARandomKid,

Baz.

Yes, I know, weird list.

But...That's what I'm thinking

Oh, and here is my personality sketch:

Frizkie: Cool kid who writes a review on everything. Somehow he manages to make these helpful.

Dabomb29: He's the spam police. Go figure the rest.

Mathiasjac: He handles guns very well, but dislikes fighting, arguments, and war/bloodshed.

Gmjab: He is a cool guy who is very knowledgeable. He dislikes spamming, and arguments.

Rock on RR: He's a man of few words.

Strider: He is a stealthy scientist.

Fengo: He is a fanatic...for...stuff...

Thealexwebs: An ordinary guy who loves to blow up stuff.

ARandomKid: Can be very random at times.

Baz: He is a smart dude that believes team work is the key to success.

Bioniclemaster

sorry guys, the list which will be it will be posted tomorrow, tonight i have to study for 2 tests tomorrow, which will make the last 2 grades for my school exams, and after that, national exams. so you have to wait a bit longer.

and extreme110, could you do a short personality sketch as well?

Bioniclemaster

alright, tests made yesterday.

i waited another day, but since extreme110 didn't come up with a short personality sketch, i'll go with addict's. congrats!

hope to post the next chapter coming tuesday, once every week.

Addictgamer

Can't wait too see what you can come up with!

Extreme, stop copying me.

If you don't know what I am implying by that: :0

Extreme, stop copying me.

If you don't know what I am implying by that: :0

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about...

Addictgamer

Forgetting things is what I'm implying.

Oops, going off topic...How to get back on topic...

I forgot to add myself to the list bioniclemaster...

Can you add me as an eleventh member, or do I have to remove one of the other members?

Bioniclemaster

ok, it's tuesday again! chapter 1 is up.

and i'll see what i can change to add you addict.

i suggest you do download this chapter, as the diagram gets messed up when you read it here

Blog entry 1, an introduction of myself

Date: 1 January, 3050

Hi there, I’m Matt Core. I’m writing a logbook so that my family and friends will be able to read back on my adventures, here at the LMSE II, on our search for the much needed crystals. My name originates from a hero from the BIO-realm in the LEGO galaxy. In this realm, creatures made from both mechanical and organic parts existed, and a battle was raging there long before we knew of its existence. There, a long time ago, a hero named Matoro sacrificed himself to save a large population of the BIO-realm, according to their chronicles that is. I hope to become a hero like him myself one day as well. I was recruited at the time the LMSE II had been completed, and I must say, the ship is a magnificent piece of work, supporting this massive crew, and yet using little crystals. We have 6 divisions and 5 ranks aboard. We have our captain, who is known to the lower ranks as ‘admiral’. He can be easily recognized by his gold visor and uniform. Then we have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd commander, who have silver additions, and have their workstations on the bridge. At the 3rd rank comes the division leaders, who are in charge of 1 of 6 division aboard. Then we have teams with 1 leader and usually 10 members. The members are the lowest rank, whose superior is the team leader. The team leader is under de command of the division leaders. The 5 divisions aboard are defense, attack, maintenance, development and the smallest, but one of the most important: the medical division. The 6th division is the security division. The security commander has a bridge work-station, and the security division leader has the same function as a team leader, which places the security team members at the same rank as team leaders from other divisions, because the security on such a big ship can’t be missed. With the recruitment forms, I got this chart which shows all ranks:

...........................................................................Captain(admiral)

1st commander...................2nd commander............................3rd commander.............................security commander

...........d. leader .....................d. leader......................d. leader...................d. leader.............d. leader....................security d. leader

...............red...........................yellow...........................green........................blue...................white..............................black

............attack.....................development.....................defense.................maintenance...........medical..........................security

........team leader..................team leader..................team leader..............team leader..........team leader........................member

..........member.......................member........................member...................member...............member

The documents said that I’ve been placed in the development division, in the 1st team. Since I’ve just boarded I only got instructions where to find my quarters. I think further instructions will follow later on. I’ll probably meet my other team members and leader then. I didn’t meet anyone because I appear to be the only one in these quarters.

fanfic_chapter1.doc

Bioniclemaster

gee, its been 4 days already and no one has replied? or didnt anyone read it?

anyhow, next chapter will introduce the other 10 team members

tuesday may 4th update: new chapter is up, team members are introduced.

Blog entry 2, a surprise and exploring the ship

Date: 1 January, 3050

Hi, it’s me again. I just returned from the briefing which handled the teams and leaders, and the general information of the ship, what’s where and where not to come, and where to go when you need something. One of the biggest surprises was that I was given the rank of team leader over the 1st development group. I’m about to meet my team members, probably 10. This explains as well that I was given a 1-man quarters, because I’m a higher rank. After meeting my team, I’ll go to sleep, so tomorrow will be the day of the exploration.

Update: I’ve met my team members, who are one crazy bunch. They have the weirdest names, and are continuously tinkering with almost everything they can lay their hands on, I hope this won’t give any trouble, or I might be held responsible. The names of my current team are:

Baz: I named him 2nd in command, because he understands the vitality of teamwork, and he seems to think more than others before he acts.

Addictgamer: our log holder, he registers everything we work on.

Dabomb29: Dabomb29 develops computer systems to make them faster and work more efficient. This includes deleting unnecessary code etc.

Gmjab: works together with Dabomb29 in developing better computer systems, and handles the onboard social network as well.

Mathiasjac: Works together with Thealexwebs. Theaxelwebs works on making better weapons, and mathiasjac makes defenses against those weapons, so that we don’t blow a hole in our own hull.

Thealexwebs: Works together with mathiasjac.

Strider: He works with fengo on our ground equipment. When we’re building bases at planet U, they must be resistant to the environment and yet be easy to build and break off.

Fengo: Works together with Strider.

Rock on RR: Doesn’t say much, but is a great all-rounder. He’ll work with whoever I assign him with, if it’s the logs, the computers the weapons or the ground equipment.

ARandomKid: He’s a bit hard to control sometimes, but he’s usually a good worker. An all-rounder like rock on RR as well.

Frizkie: another all-rounder, what more to say?

My team is working on 3 different subjects to develop, namely the computer systems, weapons and ground equipment. These aren’t the only things that are developed, as we have many more development teams, who work on one subject at a time, but because our team is the 1st team, we work on different subjects at once. The onboard social network is something like myspace, or facebook, but then for our crew. You can post things you encountered, getting to know others better etc. even Admiral has a page, but it’s inaccessible to the lower ranks.

Every other 2 members share a quarters, my 3 sub-teams(computer systems, weapons, ground equipment), my 2nd in command and log holder share one and my 3 all-rounders share 1 quarters as well. I hope I’ll be able to get along with this team, and that we’ll have many adventures.

fanfic_chapter2.doc

Addictgamer

Sorry, I was busy and haven't had time for RRU.

Reading them now ;)

Ok, read it.

Awesome story.

I really like your writing style.

Your story is a character in itself.

Keep it up!

Bioniclemaster

there will be no new chapters in the coming weeks, as i'm having my final school exams, and i have to focus on them. but enjoy the 3rd chapter!

Blog entry 3: getting to know the ship

Date: 2 January, 3050

Well, a new day on the LMSE II after a rough night, the first night here. It’s not as comfortable as home, much smaller, but that’s understandable. I checked my schedule when I got up, and I don’t have to start working today, just like the rest of my team. That gives me and the rest of my team time to explore the ship. As I’m writing this, I’m exploring as well. This is possible because of my RRDM, which stands for rock raider digital monitor. It keeps track of where I am, where my other team members are, my health is monitored constantly as well, and I’m able to blog on it as well. All info of all RRDM’s of all rock raiders is transferred to the ship’s main computer, in general for the medical staff, so they can check if everyone is fine.

When I was planning my exploration, I figured it would be best to start at the top, and continue downward. But sadly, the first 3 decks make up the bridge tower and general storage, so those decks are only accessible by higher ranks. The decks 4 to 10 are ship long, and are basically divided in 3 sections: the rear, middle and front part. The rear part houses the 4 engine rooms on decks 4, 6, 8 and 10. The most important part of the ship while in space is the hangar on deck 6. We have enough scouts, defenders and attack vessels to ensure our lives. Further there are the air, water and recycle systems on deck 5, the power supplies on deck 9 and on deck 7, which continues throughout the ship, the hull turrets on the outside, and the massive storage tanks for energy crystals. They are big, but we have to be careful with them, because certain events, like a large rise in temperature, or changes in the pressure may cause the energy crystals to explode. In the middle part of the ship are mostly crew quarters, and hull turrets on the 7th deck. The front part of the ship is the one where we spent most of our time. Here are the workstations for pretty much everyone, and on the 6th, 7th and 8th deck there are amusement centers. For when we are off duty and want to relax a little.

Walking trough the ship is a rarely used option, because we have the 3D-elevators to get us to where we want to go. The 3D-elevator network is highly advanced and widespread. The elevators control themselves mostly, but there are a few men watching everything, because it is possible that something can go wrong.

Update 1: I just finished my exploration trough the rear part of the ship, and I was amazed by the size of the engines and life-support systems. I learned some of the basic workings from a maintenance team leader that we are able to catch the radiation that emits from the energy crystals and convert it to energy. The energy is then released out back to give us propulsion. The maintenance division is responsible for the engines, since they have to maintain our speed.

Update 2: I’m as good as done with my exploration, the middle part wasn’t that special, since it only contains the quarters, which are mostly all the same. The front part was more interesting. The work stations consists of computer terminals, laboratories and sick bays. The amusement center has almost everything. From cinemas to yoga-classes. The biggest room in the amusement centers is the panorama window at the very front of the ship. This massive room has one big window at the front, and a lot of seats inside. This way, we will be able to see the stars, planets and systems we travel by to our way to planet U. I’m planning to go there now, as there isn’t much more to tell. Now where is that 3D-elevator I just walked by…

fanfic_chapter3.doc

• 4 weeks later...
Bioniclemaster

Hi guys, an update: I've finished my exams, and I'm awaiting the results. I'm trying to think of new chapters, but right now I can't think of anything. It also involves the fact that I'm spending much time on my new wii.

I'll get another chapter up ASAP. Mayby there will be a new enquête.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Bioniclemaster

Finally, after a long time I've managed to produce a new chapter! enjoy ;)

Blog entry 4: A tedious journey

Date: 5 January, 3050

Finally got some time to update my blog. The last few days have been the worst so far. It didn’t start as bad as it ended. On January 2nd, there was a problem with the energy crystal storage tanks, a sudden change in the hull integrity or something like that. Anyway, a team of security men went to check it out. When the division leader later tried to reach them, he got a message that everything was fine and that the team would stay there a little longer to guard the breach in the hull. When the division lead wanted to send a maintenance team to repair it, the team leader said that wasn’t necessary. And that’s where the problems begin. The division leader sent a maintenance team anyway, but when the team arrived, they had barely time to send a message out to tell that the villains who wanted to keep the crystals for themselves had secretly boarded and were currently loading the crystals in their own ships. As soon as possible, emergency code red was deployed, everyone had to return to their quarters and stay there until further order. The security division went to the breach as soon as they could, and tried to stop the villains. While there was a fight going on on deck 7, the division leaders and admiral tried to reach hero’s, that have been working to protect us since the threat came up. The answer came in the most luckiest way possible: William Furno was the hero closest to the LMSE II and came as soon as he could. He belongs in the elite hero’s, and is possibly the best of them as well. Upon seeing him on the radar, the villains immediately retreated and fled. Furno went to chase them, and we wouldn’t see them back for the coming day. As there was nothing else to do, the breach was repaired and me and my team was assigned to find ways of protecting the tanks better. This meant we had to abandon all other projects, for now. Later, maintenance teams looked at the amount of crystals that was drained. The tank that was breached was drained for 1/50 part, but still, a large amount of crystals was taken. This meant that while Furno didn’t return, we had to cut back on power. Our speed was halved, we were rationed, and we had to be careful that we didn’t use too much electricity when we were working. Luckily they didn’t cut from the life support system, because we had to keep our breath all the time, hehe… on January 4th, Furno luckily returned, with the villains and most of the stolen crystals. The lost crystals were used to power the villains ship, which technology isn’t developed as ours, so it used way more crystals on 1 lightyear. After that, the crystals were put back in the tanks, Furno departed to get the villains to prison, and life onboard got back to normal. At the time I’m writing this, we have successfully finished the hull strengthening. We first analyzed the weapons used by the villains, then we developed a material that could withstand that, and would automatically adapt if they would use more powerful weapons. We managed to make the new material in a paint-like state, so we wouldn’t have to replace all panels of the hull. The space around the tanks is also heavily secured now and not even the slightest amount of dust will remain unspotted. I’m going to sleep now, we have a lot to catch up tomorrow.

now how did I attach files to my posts...

now how did I attach files to my posts...

No longer possible - that's what the Download Center is for now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.