MIB File

Cyrem

-----------------------------------

MIB FILE INFORMATION

-----------------------------------

Notes:

- Used for menu/screen layout (have not check all cases)

- Two of the same button ID's cannot be used (Crashes with error)

- X & Y Location of control elements are found in this file (They are located after the control ID and use 2 bytes).

- All control elements are children of the background element( Moving the background cause all children to move also)

- Elements seem to have a character before them indicating type, or something important as changing them causes a crash.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If this file can be changed by the end user, does that mean that the game can finally run in a resolution other than 640x480? I have a 1080p monitor, and I want to record in 1080p, but when I add the correct parameters, the game looks like the last picture origamiguy posted, but with RR in the little box...

If this file can be changed by the end user, does that mean that the game can finally run in a resolution other than 640x480? I have a 1080p monitor, and I want to record in 1080p, but when I add the correct parameters, the game looks like the last picture origamiguy posted, but with RR in the little box...

Yes. Proper 1080p support is possible. It'll take more work figuring out the format, but it's definitely within the realms of possibility.

Yes. Proper 1080p support is possible. It'll take more work figuring out the format, but it's definitely within the realms of possibility.

Yea! I will keep my eye on this!

EDIT: What about custom resolutions? Because I have three laptops in my home that is 1280x800. And all those laptops that use weird resolutions?

EDIT: What about custom resolutions? Because I have three laptops in my home that is 1280x800. And all those laptops that use weird resolutions?

nevermind, figured it out. also patched up the cutscenes to work in full-screen mode at custom resolutions.

That answer the question?

Yea! I will keep my eye on this!

Once I've figured everything out, I may write a patcher that mods the game into running for a user-specified resolution.

• 1 month later...

How is this coming along? I would like to record LR1 in something than 640x480. I know parameters to a shortcut will make the races the resolution you want, but the menus and cut scenes do not change but I know that this file, when modded, fixes that. That is why I am asking about this.

In case you hadn't noticed, I've been working a hell of a lot on the GDB format recently. I'll get back to this at some point.

I know you have, and thank you for doing that!

I was asking because I thought some more progress may have been made before the GDB format came up.

• 2 months later...

I took it upon myself to analyse MAINMENU.MIB to figure out the format. It's similar to the LR1 Binary formats we've seen before.

basic hexdump analysis:

http://will.loadingchunks.net/rru/lr1/mib/MAINMENU.MIB.txt

more in-depth structure analysis

http://will.loadingchunks.net/rru/lr1/mib/MAINMENU.MIB.documented.txt

I'll write up proper documentation at some point in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.