Modding LEGO Racers

lol username

lol username

So, I have found the location where the Knightmare-Athon shortcut(s?) were going to be. However, there is no way to use them. Does anybody know a way to mod the PC, N64, or Playstation versions in order to get this working again? Seeing as all the versions except for the GBC version are the same, we only need to figure out how to mod at least 1 on the versions...

Seen this topic before, I'm sure <_< ...

Well, I don't know. Files seem wierd. In fact, it looks like LRR is the ONLY Lego game with regular files. I'm gonna see if this has ever been done before like it has with LEGO racers 2.

theextractor

man that shortcut drove me crazy. i took a screenshot of the map from the loading screen, i must have drove around it for hours, but it does not exist.

interesting find though, and yeah it'd be cool to get it working again, but i'm guessing it would be difficult to pull off.

lol username

Well, this is confusing.Cyrem showed me how to open the file "LEGO.JAM" with Game Extractor, and a ton of weird files came out. I have tried opening the files in every way imaginable, and they just refuse to work. I sent an email to High Voltage, the developer, asking how they made the game. Maybe we can get some useful answers...

Well, this is confusing.Cyrem showed me how to open the file "LEGO.JAM" with Game Extractor, and a ton of weird files came out. I have tried opening the files in every way imaginable, and they just refuse to work. I sent an email to High Voltage, the developer, asking how they made the game. Maybe we can get some useful answers...

90% of the time, Game Developer won't tell you how they made games.

I'm going to do some hard testing on the files....

lol username

Yeah, but it was worth a try.

I really hope we can get this figured out. LR1 is a great game, and with some mods, it could easily become better then LR2 (Which is my favorite in the series at the moment).

I really hope we can get this figured out. LR1 is a great game, and with some mods, it could easily become better then LR2 (Which is my favorite in the series at the moment).

How'd you go? any replies?

• 1 year later...
Mr. Eight-Three-One

What do you mean? It IS better than...err, never mind.

• 3 months later...

is it possible to fly and noclip through walls somehow?

Only if you have dev codes or you can remove the map collision. Neither seem to be possible.

• 5 months later...

Could there be values that hide the shortcuts? :?:

Like make them invisible but they are really still there?

That might explain why they didn't get rid of the powerups.

Maybe they just blocked it up with a value or something.

It might be worth researching. :D

Could there be values that hide the shortcuts? :?:

Like make them invisible but they are really still there?

That might explain why they didn't get rid of the powerups.

Maybe they just blocked it up with a value or something.

It might be worth researching. :D

I've already researched this. Both the visual and physical geometry has been removed for all scrapped shortcuts. The only remnants are the powerups, some slightly broken geometry over the ends, and in the case of knightmare-athon, the checkpoint markers. Until exporters/importers are made for the model formats, we can't reopen them. Since I'm the only one who truly understands the binary formats (and I'm aware that I haven't exactly explained them here properly), I'm really the only person that could make such exporters/importers at this time. They're coming :)

Oh ok that's cool, that would really make the game more enjoyable! :E

And we might be able to make our own shortcuts, if we have the tools. o)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.