A Not-Too-Serious, Yet Thouroughly Annoying Problem.

Aki Dazrold

Aki Dazrold

I can play RR just fine, with the exception of one thing: The game lags horribly. Any time a wall collapses, something teleports, or my building count exceeds a certain number, the game slows down. It helps when I move the screen so it can't see the above in progress, but it gets quite annoying. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I will play RR whilst I wait for an answer.

Do the memory mod. I can't remember the topic, but it's recent. If that doesn't fix it then try slowing the game speed down. My game stutters when I have it set higher than 250%.

Aki Dazrold

Noted. Do you happen to know which forum I can find that in?

Also, another problem of slight annoyance: Every 56 seconds, the game disc will slow down, and the game will freeze for about four seconds or so until the disc speeds back up. Any fixes for that?

I fixed this easily. First, if you're running ATi, download the newest catalyst control center.

Second if it's nVidia, use the graphics override to take control of all graphics related to it. That fixed my problems both times.

Aki Dazrold

Quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack Pingas quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack. Quack.

Seriously, that's about all of that post I understood. Can you say that in a way easier to understand?

Addictgamer

Actually, I never saw anyone who has nvidia have that.

Go to control panel.

Look for NVIDIA contort panel somewhere.

yikes. Do what somebody did: they have 1GB ram, they took the origional value, set the first digit to 5 and the rest to 0, and it worked for them

Aki Dazrold

Luckily, I had a backup of the file from recently enough to not lose anything.

Let me try again.

Okay, it worked that time. Unfortunately, it didn't fix jack. Now to try a different value Dangit, that one didn't work either.

Well...I suppose you could try to reinstall all your graphics drivers. Look in the properties tab that you get when you right click the desktop. go to settings, and you'll see what display adapter your monitor is plugged into. Google for latest said adapter drivers, and install. That helped me once :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 3 points from the readme:

1. On 32MB machines the game may run slowly due to the in-game audio help. To overcome this there are 2 versions of LEGO Rock Raiders on this CD. The first is STANDARD MODE for 32MB users and HIGH MODE for 64MB+ users. You can choose the desired version from the START/PROGRAMS/LEGO MEDIA/ROCK RAIDERS path.

2. On certain graphics cards we have found that textures may appear corrupt. Certain cards come with utilities allowing the user to alter texture memory, raising/lowering the texture memory can sometimes improve gamespeed.

3. If altering the utilities for your graphics card doesn't improve the performance, you can try one of the following 'command-line' instructions:

-nosound (This will remove ALL sound except for video sequences in the game)

-ftm (This makes you videocard use all available texture memory)

-fvf (This can overcome 'fogging' on certain cards)

-reward (This disables the animation on the reward screen)

-nom (This disables texture management for Voodoo2 based cards)

You might want to try some of those suggestions and try disabling all the audio tips.

Aki Dazrold

1) Isn't going to work. I can't run the game in standard mode.

2) trying it now, but how would I even do that?

3) If by "command line" you mean adding the thing at the end of the shortcut, I can't do that either, for the same reason responsible for #1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Aki Dazrold

Because my shortcuts don't work. That and If I try to run it from the folder, I don't get the option to run it in such.

Ironically, running it from the folder is the only way I can get it to work.

Could you not put the shortcut IN the gamefolder? Would that not work? And what is your computers specs?

Aki Dazrold

Nope, that doesn't work either.

Specs? Uh...

XP? Dimension C521? Not sure what you are asking for here.

Computer specifications generally include the operating system (XP in your case), the processor, the amount of installed RAM, the video card, and other bits. You don't need the other bits, but we need to know what hardware is actually running in your little Dell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.