(WIP) Rise of The Core

Cyrem

Had a cool idea for a game mod I want to make. 'Rise of the Core Monsters' is what I call it. Basically the Core Monster is a new type of rock monster( it's black with yellow glowing seams through it) that is awakened by deep core drilling close by. These monsters are larger and more deadly then the others.

This mod involve an almost complete redo of the graphics to make the interface suite the theme(interface re-color probably), a new texture set(to suite the deep core mining the RR's are doing) and a new set of levels. You will also be hunting for Red energy crystals as these are: [small]"The rarest variety of Energy Crystals, red Energy Crystals are five times more powerful than the green Crystals. These Crystals are only seen in the Rock Raiders Playstation video game." - Wikipedia[/small].

Game Progress:

Interface - 0%

Other elements - 5%

Level Progress:

Level 1 - 100%

Level 2 - 50%

Level 3 - 0%

Level 4 - 0%

Level 5 - 0%

Level 6 - 0%

Level 7 - 0%

Level 8 - 0%

Level 9 - 0%

Level 10 - 0%

Level 11 - 0%

Level 12 - 0%

Level 13 - 0%

Level 14 - 0%

Level 15 - 0%

Level 16 - 0%

Level 17 - 0%

Level 18 - 0%

Level 19 - 0%

Level 20 - 0%

Level 21 - 0%

Level 22 - 0%

Level 23 - 0%

Level 24 - 0%

Level 25 - 0%

Level 26 - 0%

I really look forward to making this one. Here's some art/vids as to tease you :P

Core Monster (Concept 1):

Core Monster (Concept 2):

Level Art:

Loading Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZzkS87Nf7Y

oh man, i didn't want that video to stop. looks awesome!

are you open to suggestions? because i have an idea for the rock retexture

the first third of the levels could use the basic rock texture

the second third could use the ice texture, redone so it looks like red rock

the last third would be the lava or the core

just an idea, if you are planning on totally reskinning everything then you could still do that, but i think it would be cool if as the game progressed, the rock would get hotter/closer to the core.

ooo and is there any way you could have your 3d model of the energy crystal spinning during the load?

• 2 weeks later...
DeactivatedAccount

xD

When i get my laptop in january there will be like 5 different types of the Rock Raiders game installed

Original

Baz mod

This (Which is epic!)

Data Raiders

And one i can think up.

They can all be seperate becuase when u install the game you already get 2 different versons, So if i enstall it three times, i get six different games to add MODs for, while still keeping the original.

Anyhwo, this looks EPIC!

• 1 month later...

xD

When i get my laptop in january there will be like 5 different types of the Rock Raiders game installed

Original

Baz mod

This (Which is epic!)

Data Raiders

And one i can think up.

>:( I'm mad at you, you forgot RtPU >:( >:( :'(

So when will this be out?

• 1 month later...

Why did that video end when it did? I felt my eyes widening as the loading bar got past halfway... What will I see? I thought. Then the videos ended... Need more! That looked so awesome.

Is this dead?

When was the last time Cyrem even posted in this topic?

I'm declairing this topic dead.

But thats just what I think.

It died...

Is this dead?

When was the last time Cyrem even posted in this topic?

I'm declairing this topic dead.

But thats just what I think.

No this mod is not dead. I just work on it when I feel like it.

TheEPICtrainrider

May I make a sugestion?

If you have extra time, re-do the tutorial levels. They are too slow and were designed for seven year olds.

I just work on it when I feel like it.

You know Cyrem, sometimes I think your a real dork.

You need to stop makeing so many mods at once, you are over working yourself with all the mods.

You know Cyrem, sometimes I think your a real dork.

You need to stop makeing so many mods at once, you are over working yourself with all the mods.

Yep, a dork is keeping the forum running smoothly while developing programs that the community wants(e.g Level Editor), working 5 full days a week and trying to work on projects I want to make for myself. Then I have to fit some sort of personal life in there ... somewhere. Sorry I cannot live up to everyone's expectations and keep you all happy all the time.

Now, I didn't say anywhere that I'd have this done by a time or date so why are people thinking it is dead or I am too overloaded to do it? It's going to be done, when it's done. If someone is willing to pay me $20 an hour x 50 hrs a week I'll happy stop working just to work on RRU stuff.

I'm not overloaded, I just have a small amount of time to work on things.

Yep, a dork is keeping the forum running smoothly while developing programs that the community wants(e.g Level Editor), working 5 full days a week and trying to work on projects I want to make for myself. Then I have to fit some sort of personal life in there ... somewhere. Sorry I cannot live up to everyone's expectations and keep you all happy all the time.

Now, I didn't say anywhere that I'd have this done by a time or date so why are people thinking it is dead or I am too overloaded to do it? It's going to be done, when it's done. If someone is willing to pay me $20 an hour x 50 hrs a week I'll happy stop working just to work on RRU stuff.

I'm not overloaded, I just have a small amount of time to work on things.

No no no!

You start a new modding progect before you even get half way done with another!

Why, why do people do that?

No no no!

You start a new modding progect before you even get half way done with another!

Why, why do people do that?

This ROTC mod is my main project, but DataRaiders was just a quicky that doesn't require much work besides re-texturing. As I said when I started the project DataRaiders was to be out well before this one because DR is easier, but because everyone thought DR was dead (which it wasn't) I gave some of the stuff to TheDoctor who wants to continue it.

$20 an hour x 50 hrs a week

I think I remember reading what your current job is, but I can't remember what it is. What do you do, Cyrem? It looks like you're making over 50k a year, if overtime rates are counted into the equation.

Also, take your time with these projects. I, too, have a bunch of stuff on hold that I can't get done because of school, and over the summer I also might not have as much time because of a possible new job opportunity, so I know almost exactly how you feel. It's like playing Rock Raiders, really. Sometimes you can't complete the level immediately; sometimes you just have to sit back and wait for your raiders to collect more crystals.

TheEPICtrainrider

I want to get a job, I'm tired of begging my parents for cash so I can buy stuff for High School.

AKA: I want to float my own boat

So, is this a spin off of the original RR's plot or a whole new plot all together.

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Rise of The Core

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.