Lego Rock Raiders Mod Manager Beta

Masterchief

Masterchief

Hi folks!

Here we are again. First I would like to say that I made a final revision of the LRR Mod Manager as it is without the new features.

As I looked through the code once again I found some mistakes that prevented the update routine to run correctly and one little memory issue

that could cause the Tool to freeze (well I never realized that but now it´s solved)

Get the latest version here! (0.9.8)

I would like to point out that this is the last update to the old version.

I finished everything I wanted with it and this is it;)

Once I got ready with the new version (Let´s call it the 2.0 version :D ) you only need to update via the update routine.

Now to the news for the 2.0 version:

I made a breakthrough with the database routine which will be able to commit and recieve data to/of the database.

I am already working on a 'Category Manager' and a 'Create Mod Wizard' to help new Users to quickly present their mods.

Another part that is nearly finished is the CFG editor itself (with syntax, auto complete etc.) and also an add-in plugin module which will allow you to create plugins and also plugin existing tools availeable on the forum. I also managed to encrypt the data transfer to keep the data safe (via an 128bit hash key).

More to come soon, but I would also like to mention that I already had alot of headackes up to this point and I don´t see the end yet ;)

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
Masterchief

So here we are again.

Some of you might already know how it´s going with the next version of the Mod Manager I call Modding Suite...

For anyone who frequently reads my blog ... here´s still something new for you! It would be nice if you would go on and read the whole post instead of just reading the 'new stuff' ;P

Modding Suite

Months ago I started to rewrite the Mod Manager to implent the new featues I mentioned before. I teamed up with Cyrem and sciguy and some other forum members (please forgive me, I accidentally forgot your names but you know who you are! ;) ) to write the Modding Suite.

Well developement went well and I was able to show them a first prototype after one month of development. At this time we implented Cyrem's Map Editor, sciguy's CFG Editor and my Mod Manager in one easy-to-use interface.

As you might already know I wasn´t able to develope any further due to some restrictions in my life (school, work etc.) so there were no updates until the last months.

I wasn´t able to show up at the forum as much as I would have liked but I managed to address some of the issues of the Modding Suite.

So let me tell you where we are today:

- We integrated Cyrem's Map Editor.

- We integrated sciguy's CFG Editor.

- We integrated a basic Mod Directory using FTP Connections

What I am doing right now: Well cleaning up the table, removing unused and non-working features and preparing everything for the first release!!!

I would like to point out that there is a contest still running and this is what you can do to enter:

We still need:

1. We need application Icons (You know the little icons at your desktop featuring LEGO Rock Raiders, WoW, Starcraft... Uhm I don´t know what you are playing but at least you now know what an icon is^^)

Size 32 x 32 pixels

Theme: Something related to Rock Raiders (Maybe an energy crystal or a spacecraft... Just some suggestions)

2. A Splash Screen image (or even more images)

This image will be displayed at the start up of the application

Size ... Size doesn´t matter!^^

Theme: Something related to Rock Raiders (Please no copyright protected material)

3. An Interface Design Color Theme

Just give me a screenshot of an application that has an interface style you really like... no! YOU HAVE TO LOVE IT!^^

You can post your entries in this forum.

The best entries will be choosen as the standard UI and will be the original skin for the Modding Suite!

The contest ends 26.10.2011

The estimated release date for the Modding Suite is 24.12.2011 (Based upon the current progress, may be altered during upcoming developement cycles)

(By the way this is the 'new stuff'!!!)

Addictgamer

Awesome! Nice to see you're so dedicated to finishing this project :)

Unfortunately, I lack graphics related skills, so I'm unable to help. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.