Strider

• 1 month later...

I think not. I open Legorr1 or 0, and it gives me the error: "the file selected is not a valid rockraiders wad file" what do i do?

hmm... i put it in a different folder, and it likes it. never mind!!

I have all my games installed to C:\My Program Files\ That way I don't have to deal with Vista yelling at me while I'm modding. :whistle:

Edited by Cirevam
When censoring a word, either block out the entire word or use another word entirely. Censoring a single letter is not sufficient. Remember that this is a family-friendly website.

• 7 months later...

Just a suggestion for the future: make it remember the last compiled WAD, or at least allow you to browse to it in a normal window view, so you don't have to manually navigate to it every. single. time.

Edit: As an additional point, if you had already done this, I wouldn't have just compiled my entire Program Files folder.

Just a suggestion for the future: make it remember the last compiled WAD, or at least allow you to browse to it in a normal window view, so you don't have to manually navigate to it every. single. time.

Edit: As an additional point, if you had already done this, I wouldn't have just compiled my entire Program Files folder.

I was thinking... WAD is the new ZIP! :)

But I agree, it gets irritating.

Uh, if you use it as a .zip file, it'd likely be worse (bad copression ratio).

WAD has no compression ratio and a simple file structure and is not encrypted. It was a joke, WAD can't match ZIP or replace it. But I do prefer WAD to Zip because of those 3 things I mentioned.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi i download the wad tool in your link and when i tried to open it all i got was these 2 messages go to the link for a picture http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/youngsayon123/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

• 4 months later...

I'm going to point out that ogun has made a wad extractor in python. The one guy that had the Hebrew version of lrr said that Strider's version couldn't extract his. Ogun's worked for him, so maybe it'll work for you. Note: you need python installed for it to work, unless either we freeze it with py2exe or I port it to java (neither of which we've done).

Edit: I'm stupid. http://ogun.org/legorr/pywad-win32-0.1.zip

• 1 month later...

This doesn't seem to work :/ It extracts compiles and everything but the wad is unaffected, but the tool seems to think it has :/

Edit: I found it! yay! :P

• 1 month later...

Woah, woah. Install? Are you talking about LegoRR, or are you trying to say that the program doesn't open? It might be coded for XP+ (I dunno).

Strider's WAD tool needs .NET Framework 2.0 to run I think, which Win98 probably doesn't support since it probably didn't exist in the late 90's. You might try Ogun's WAD tool since it's strictly command-line. Unfortunately I can't find a download of just that tool here, but you could take a look at these two links for some alternate takes on Ogun's tool:

https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/1357-wad-refinery-20/

https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/3199-oguns-wadtool-my-gui/

Edited by Slimy Slug
Fixed links

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Slimy Slug

I'm having some issues with this:

When I try to open LegoRR0.WAD or LegoRR1.WAD the program tells me that it's not a legit Rock Raiders WAD. Wat do?

When I try to open LegoRR0.WAD or LegoRR1.WAD the program tells me that it's not a legit Rock Raiders WAD. Wat do?

Try copying them to the desktop and extracting them there.

I had the same problem. It only works if you run the WAD-tool as admin.

I had the same problem. It only works if you run the WAD-tool as admin.

It also does that if you're attempting to extract a wad in the Program Files folder, as you typically don't have write permissions there.

• 1 year later...

I got the Lego.cfg in the Wad tool, but I cant figure out to edit some of the stuff. It wont let me paste, type, or delete words. I am unsure on how to fix it.

• 3 years later...
ToxicAntimater

When ever I try to run WAD Tool.exe I always get the error 0xc0000135. Anyone know why?

NOTE: I'm trying to run on a Windows XP Virtual Machine.

it might not work inside a VM for whatever reason. might not work on XP either but I'm pretty sure it has for me. try extracting the WADs outside of the virtual machine in a shared shared folder or something, the dump all the content back into the VM and into the data folder starting with the larger RR0 WAD and the the smaller RR1 WAD, overwriting any files it asks you to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.