Strider

New version out. This one has a "Use Byte Arrays" option that will speed up compiling WADs quite a lot if you have a computer with a good processor and plenty of memory (tick the option if you do). If not, using it will slow things down. Experiement to see what works best for you. LegoRR0.wad now compiles in about 5 seconds on my rig.

I have also added a couple of cosmetic changes - you will find them as you use it.

Screenshot:

?do=download

Download Here

Edited by Slimy Slug
  • Like 2

IDK how it works. So I'm not sure if it actually CAN be optimized...

However, you should all try ogun's tool, which works better for me...

Find all his tools here. Note that they're all command-line tools, so you'll have to run them from the command prompt.

i hate to have to ask but is what the default directory wad tool extracts to

update in vista sp2

the default directory is c:\users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LEGO Media\Games\Rock Raiders

I would be assuming you have WinVista?

Then the WAD tool can't extract anywhere.

Move teh tool, and the WAD files to you desktop, and then extract.

The extracted files will be in a folder with the same name as the wad.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Warguy, that wasn't nice. Shame on you.

Defender, just look in the folder where they used to be and find there the most data seems to be. Or level up a few folders and search for LEGO®.cfg. If that doesnt work, ... :/ . I dont know. Also, whats this exe.wad thing? You mean LEGO®##.WAD? Thats what you need to extract. Dont touch the .exe. Just look around, you'll find it eventually.

PowerDefender

alrite here goes nothing

AHA found that .cfg file finally ty :) now dynamite raduis set to let's see.....999999999999999999999999999999 yup thats good :B

• 2 months later...

Sooo.... I have netframework 2.0.... and I'm getting this error when I try to open the LegoRR0.wad or LegoRR1.wad files, it says it's an invalid rock raiders WAD file. Anyone know why?

TheEPICtrainrider

Sooo.... I have netframework 2.0.... and I'm getting this error when I try to open the LegoRR0.wad or LegoRR1.wad files, it says it's an invalid rock raiders WAD file. Anyone know why?

I know nothing of netframework 2.0. Try running the wad as a administrator if you have vista+

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.