About this blog
Just wondering, would you be interested in collaborating in a conversion of LDD models to obj?
Do you know anyone else who may be interested in a project like this?
I am considering to upload all LDD models as obj-files on Eurobricks here on RRU, using this script. My reason for this is that anyone who want to use the models for their projects need the models in obj, and not in lxf or ldr.
I am considering uploading all obj models on a MEGA account, and then share the link here on RRU.
Here is the script, if you want to take a look at it: https://mega.nz/#!rpJgjZKC!eUkAoxObWBlK6d1UWqVJEfylN2GdUHTEmhgjoJIg9kY
Here is the link from Eurobricks: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/41226-key-topic-official-lego-sets-made-in-ldd/#entry722523
0) Announce the theme´s models you are planning to download as lxf-file from the link above.
1) Download the lxf-files of the theme from the link. The more that help out, the less workload there will be.
2) Convert the lxf-files to obj using the script. Simply drag the lxf-file to the script and it will automatically be converted into obj.
3) Upload the converted obj file to MEGA in its appropriate folder of the theme, the model belongs to.
4) If the models have a too high polygon count, then send them to me so I can reduce their polygon count.