• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• Sonic322

• Henry Lee

• lol username

theextractor

I can't wait until Lego makes a Power Miners video game, then we can mod it to look like Rock Raiders!

WAIT! WHAT AM I SAYING? DEATH TO POWER MINERS! :sparks:

I can't wait until Lego makes a Power Miners video game, then we can mod it to look like Rock Raiders!

NONON, that's a great idea, then show the images everywhere and insult power miners.

lol someone haxxored the poll.

I bet that 1 vote was from Magare.

• 4 weeks later...

NONON, that's a great idea, then show the images everywhere and insult power miners.

lol someone haxxored the poll.

I bet that 1 vote was from Magare.

ya modding the game to look like rock raiders would be awesome but i'm thinking they wont make one casue pm fails compared to RR so it probly wont happen muhaha now that'd be a good insult to pm fans "your pm failed so much it never got a game"

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to give you guys a website I found!!!! It seems like whoever likes Rock Raiders says that Power Miners are Rock Raiders with a failed facelift!!!!!!!

The Website

I'd like to give you guys a website I found!!!! It seems like whoever likes Rock Raiders says that Power Miners are Rock Raiders with a failed facelift!!!!!!!

The Website

Oh wow... that's the 18th time that image was posted on RRU

The Website

I didn't know that the person who drew it put it on here......... 18 times!!!!!!

The Website

I didn't know that the person who drew it put it on here......... 18 times!!!!!!

...They didn't <_<

LMS Engineer

i found this in the comments :

William Dobbs April 27, 2009

This is insulting to power miners! Rock raiders are slaughterers! Power miners are way better mate, the rock raiders couldn't even pilot their own ship!

and:

Wylie Oltman April 8, 2009

I must say like Power Miners more. The vehicles are just better. RR vehicles were kinda lame.

LZ please violently dispose of the first offender ,my CC will dispose of the other

I personally hate the PM color scheme, its like Lego couldn't decide whether to use Christmas or Halloween color. The name granite grinder infuriates me every time I read it, did Lego run out of ideas again ?

lol username

Did it ever occur to anybody that the Granite Grinder may not have been a rip-off, but a throw-back for the older fans?

Also, I would love to know how the Rock Raiders keep their large drills so shiny after drilling through hard rock all day. Also, Power Miners drills have gearing and a ton of connection points so you can motorize them and such. Also, I don't know about you, but I'm digging the new minifigs (No pun intended).

100_1627.jpg

Also, the Rock Raiders monsters had only 1 joint and no eye printing, and were 2 pieces and one solid color: Brown. Yet the Crystal King has 3 colors (Dark and light grey and transparent green), 16 joints, eye printing, and over 150 pieces - if you don't like the design, you can change it. I'm not saying Power Miners is perfect and you should love it, nor am I bashing it. I'm just saying, it's not total flop, and has just as many flaws as Rock Raiders - both were great themes, end of story. If you don't like the theme, then just don't buy the sets.

The name granite grinder infuriates me every time I read it

Hello other me.

LOL

Well they do have other title with the word raiders in them and they have 2 titles with mars in them and some with space

I think they just take a title they have used and pull a random word out of a hat and make a "new title"

lol username

The name granite grinder infuriates me every time I read it

Hello other me.

LOL

Well they do have other title with the word raiders in them and they have 2 titles with mars in them and some with space

I think they just take a title they have used and pull a random word out of a hat and make a "new title"

It's called a "Reboot". Mars Mission is a reboot of Life on Mars, Kingdoms is a reboot of the older castle themes, Pirates is a reboot of the classic Pirates, Space Police 3 is a reboot of Space Police 1 and 2, etc. It's just a trend in LEGO right now - they are taking older themes and using newer building techniques and pieces.

lol username

but there is mno way in heck that Power Miners is a reboot of Rock Raiders

:lol: Good joke! You really know how to make people laugh, Sonic! xD

Did it ever occur to anybody that the Granite Grinder may not have been a rip-off, but a throw-back for the older fans?

LOL! If that was the case they wouldn't have made it so fugly, it looks like a tooth pick. If granite and the granite grinder ever go to battle, my money is on the granite.

LOL! If that was the case they wouldn't have made it so fugly, it looks like a tooth pick. If granite and the granite grinder ever go to battle, my money is on the granite.

Because all people drill with forks.

LOL

I agree with Cyrem on this one

lol username

LOL

I agree with Cyrem on this one

May I remind you that Rock Raiders use HAND DRILLS to knock down walls? xD And if we're going to make fun of sets now, why do the Rock Raiders us LASERS to get through rock? It wouldn't do anything except maybe leaving a nice, pin-sized hole in the rock, which is pretty much useless. Also, the RR Granite Grinder can't move it's legs up and down making it impossible to walk without scraping the metal against the ground, and the PM Granite Grinder is basically a big version of the hand drills the Rock Raiders use. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.