Installer stops when done (Windows 10)

DistrictToTheFuture

DistrictToTheFuture

For whatever reason, the installer doesn't fully install the game. Before it gives me the "Finished, here are your options" screen, it gives me an error and closes the installer. It worked on my Windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

This post may help you : 

If not, please give a more detailed description of the error you get. Like told in Cyrem's post :

• Graphics Card Model (e.g AMD Radeon R970x)
  • Description of the issue.
  • What you have already tried.
  • Screenshots of the issue.

I may be able to help you if you do.

Guest Wesley

You might have more success to try one of these solutions:

If you wanna try the bottom one, please give some feedback so i can improve on it :P

Damn, using a VirtualBox installation just for a single game looks like complete overkill to me. Strange that Windows  sometimes cannot run RR smoothly, while Wine on Linux can do it perfectly well. As Windows now includes Ubuntu core, there might be something to do with it.

Windows 10 should support Rock Raiders tho, ive been playing on it with no problems even after the last DX update (the one that broke fullscreen apps). It still needs compatibility mode to run properly however.

Wait, which game is this? :S It's just under "Game Sup"- oh, it only comes up in the title of the webpage, Island Extreme Stunts?

I take it you've tried throwing compatibility mode & admin rights on the executable?

If it is LRR, as the people above thought, there are ways to install it yourself - get Universal Extractor, extract the .cab files, and then essentially throw everything into one big folder until the game can find all the files it wants.

In that case, you should have all these things in the same folder:

• Data ( it's a folder )
  • LegoRR.exe
  • LegoRR.icd
  • LegoRR0.wad
  • LegoRR1.wad

& beyond that everything, I think, is not neccessary to be in the directory for it to run. (Oh, and you might need d3drm.dll - throw that in the game directory. Oddly the one off the disk doesn't work, but the one off the LI disk does.)

lol username
6 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Wait, which game is this? :S It's just under "Game Sup"- oh, it only comes up in the title of the webpage, Island Extreme Stunts?

There's a tag between the title and author's avatar, too. Pretty sure the OP is asking for help for IXS.

• 1 year later...
Cyberbrickmaster86

I've been having issues installing Lego Island Xtreme Stunts on my computer. Every time I install the game, it goes straight to 76%, states it's currently removing applications and then freezes. I have tried compatibility settings and I've tried erasing left over data of the game on my computer, but no success.  I would upload the image in this post, but I can't figure out how with this forum, as it only accepts URLs for some reason. And yes I have tried the Universal Extractor, but the guide is only helpful if you have Lego Rock Raiders. I cannot find a .cab file in my CDrom of Island Xtreme Stunts. If you need more information about what CDrom I'm using, I think it's the Funzone re-release of the game. Also, I can't try installing it again without using a different installation of the game one after the other, because once an installation stops working, it will become unusable unless I use a different installation to counterfeit the other.

Any advice on what I should do?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.