Immediate Crash on Windows 8.1

bonusdonut

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to the forums, but I've been trying to get Rock Raiders running on my laptop for quite some time. My laptop is not the greatest, but it's the best I've got right now. I have followed the instructions for downloading dgVoodoo and have put in the proper directory, run as administrator, got the correct settings, and everything, but my issue is when I go to run LegoRR.exe, it immediately crashes. It must load on some level because I can see it come up in Task Manager very briefly before closing.

I have tried a variety of options within dgVoodoo and within the compatibility settings for LegoRR.exe. Right now I am trying Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode with Reduced color 16-bit, Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, and Run as Administrator. I am not running in 640 x 480 screen resolution. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, I never even so much as get the little dgVoodoo mode selection window to pop up.

My Nvidia graphics card has been fried so I'm using my Intel HD 4600 graphics card. I'm also on Windows 8.1. I'm happy to give any more info about my computer if it will help.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it graphics card thing, or an OS thing? I'm at my wits' end and I have no idea what will fix the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, Cirevam said:

Which version of dgVoodoo? You need to use 2.53. There is a link to that in the guide.

I was using 2.54. I tried 2.53 just now but it just gives the same issues :( The disc drives makes a whirring sound as if it's thinking really hard, but the mode selection window still does not show up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.