Lego Racers Remastered

LegoWorld

As in remaking the textures in higher resolution? Yeah its possible, just no-one has really put in the effort to do son... Theres quite a lot of textures to remake.

You may be aware, but you can run the game in higher resolutions with @WillKirkby's launcher.

But this game needs further remaking (I think). For example adding  a little bit more laps than 3 to make the races more exciting and to make it more enjoyable, maybe waiting for the other racers until they also finish the race, adding the reverse Rocket Racer map in circuit mode, to make the multiplayer game mode within the game, to make it for supporting max. the 4K resolution and I don't know for further but maybe later...

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sunchipp said:

Someone needs to take the time to remake the entire game with a unity engine!

You're more than welcome to let that "someone" be you!

• Thanks 1

On 20/03/2018 at 8:07 AM, Sunchipp said:

Someone needs to take the time to remake the entire game with a unity engine! Or is that already happening?

I have been working on a lego racers remaster (sort of... it wont feature AI, it will be online only)  for a couple months now... I haven't created a thread on it yet, I will when I have something worth raving over :)  

So don't worry .. someone is "slowly" working on it, free time is just an issue :)

343n5t4.png

• 5 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 1:18 PM, Venox said:

I have been working on a lego racers remaster (sort of... it wont feature AI, it will be online only)  for a couple months now... I haven't created a thread on it yet, I will when I have something worth raving over :)  

So don't worry .. someone is "slowly" working on it, free time is just an issue :)

343n5t4.png

Just saw this post, how's your project going so far? Do you need any help, if yes maybe i could help with Unity and programming.

I made a Raycast based car and started mimicking the physics system of the original, but that's as far as i went yet.

https://prnt.sc/ktb7jf

• 4 months later...
~ Blunderbuss ~
On 1/21/2018 at 3:38 AM, LegoWorld said:
On 1/20/2018 at 5:38 PM, LegoWorld said:

But this game needs further remaking (I think). For example adding  a little bit more laps than 3 to make the races more exciting and to make it more enjoyable, maybe waiting for the other racers until they also finish the race, adding the reverse Rocket Racer map in circuit mode, to make the multiplayer game mode within the game, to make it for supporting max. the 4K resolution and I don't know for further but maybe later...

(I know, I'm a year late, but...) In terms of reverse Rocket Racer Run, if you go into a license and make the name "LNFRRRM" when you play the circuit, it will be mirrored. And, with Multiplayer, you can download grappigegovert's multiplayer mod here: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/LEGO_Racers_multiplayerpatch_270543.zip

(original topic link: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6043-multiplayer-without-joystick/)

• 1 month later...

I took a break from the project, hopefully soon I will have some free time to pick it back up again.  I'm a full time developer + have other game related projects that have taken up my spare time unfortunately ..   But I will get back to this!  I aim on finishing the game logic and giving the unity files to whoever is willing to create the track assets.

If I remember correctly I was working through the power ups after completing the car/camera mechanics.

• 3 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, Venox said:

I took a break from the project, hopefully soon I will have some free time to pick it back up again.  I'm a full time developer + have other game related projects that have taken up my spare time unfortunately ..   But I will get back to this!  I aim on finishing the game logic and giving the unity files to whoever is willing to create the track assets.

If I remember correctly I was working through the power ups after completing the car/camera mechanics.

Hey dude, what's up? Still interested in helping you with this! :D

• 1 year later...
Cyberbrickmaster86
On 7/11/2019 at 7:27 PM, LegoWorld said:

But Lego Racers Remastered should really look like this?

https://ideas.fandom.com/wiki/Lego_Racers:_Remastered

That sounds like a great idea for a remake, even if it is pretty ambitious. Not sure about the Weekend Whip being the main menu theme though, since that song is really just tied with Ninjago. But it would be interesting to see themes like Ninjago, Hidden Side, Chima and whatever original more modern IPs would be possible to make an appearence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.