Cafeteria doesn't work for LRR

Guest Wesley

So i got Lego Rock raiders working well on a virtual machine with Windows Vista. I really want to try out the mods the community made but Cafeteria doesn't seem to patch LRR, i just see the same level selection screen withoud the Custom Level Slot.

https://imgur.com/a/axEaT

I run Cafeteria always as admin and unlocking all levels with it does work. Also running the game with Cafeteria works also.

I do noticed that the edit date for the .WAD files isn't changed in the Cafeteria folder. I assume these would've changed because these are editted for modding?

https://imgur.com/sbhZ1ta

My computer specs are listed here:

https://imgur.com/a/gBrjs

I use a 1050 on my laptop.

I also added a few mods:

https://imgur.com/9342h5i

I'm running the machine in virtualbox (withoud tools, the tools sadly make lrr unplayable).

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue, i'm planning to test this machine in VMWorkstation and if both work i'll export the machine and share it with the community :-)

Do the other mods you've added get installed properly? That's going to be your first hint. The program is obviously working partially if it's unlocking all levels, but that is performed differently.

WADs in the Cafeteria folder are backups. They shouldn't change. The ones in the same folder as the EXE do change. The first pic shows that LegoRR0 was modified, so Cafeteria is doing something. I have some other patches I've been using while helping Cyrem test Cafeteria that you could try as well. Install this and HighPoly Rock Raiders, which is also found in the Files Database. The HP mod will be immediately evident. The blinking one will be seen on raiders that are doing anything but standing. Go into first-person view with a raider and look at another one while he's doing his idle animations.

Hey Cirevam, i installed both mods and to my suprise they seem to work!

https://imgur.com/a/JHIfb

I'm not sure if the blinking Rock Raiders worked, but it's a first timer for me to actully see trough a RR perspective. (Normally this glitched into a lightblue screen).

Sadly enough i still don't see Cyrem's Custom Level Slot. Nether i see: The Schism levels.

I do notice that the .wad file is editted in the Rock Raiders folder as expected.

Hey Wesley, lools like everything is working correctly as Cirevam mentioned. 

On the first tab of cafeteria you'll see a combo box for selecing a level for the custom level slot. I assume it currently says "None/Disabled" which means is not active as no level has been selected for the slot.

I see that the Schism appears in the mod list, move the wadp file for the Schism to the Level Slot subfolder inside the Mods folder. After restarting Cafeteria, the level should appear as a selectable level in the level slot combo box and not in the mod list.

If it still doesnt work after that, i'll probably need to have a look at that mod.

Thanks for trying some mods!

Hey Cyrem,

After i moved the mod to the correct directory i got the custom level select and the level worked perfect!

It seems that opening the .wadp just places it into the directory of "mods".

Thank you so much for helping me with this little issue! Even higher resolution seem to work for me too!

I might be able to share my vm where i got LRR running on. I only need to find a way to fix the sound (but not kill the graphics).

Um little question, i'm looking trough the site to find some cool mods (all kinds) for cafeteria. But is there a list somewhere of all the .wadp files for LRR?

Also got sound working, Virtualbox assumed the wrong soundcard 8|

3 hours ago, Wesley said:

Um little question, i'm looking trough the site to find some cool mods (all kinds) for cafeteria. But is there a list somewhere of all the .wadp files for LRR?

Also got sound working, Virtualbox assumed the wrong soundcard 8|

Great to hear it's all working.

Currently we're in the process of moving files into the new file database, which you'll be able to easily identifify patches by the "[CP]" in the title. Currently the mods are scattered in the topics themselves.

Haha ic. Well if there is a way for me to help you guys in this i would be happy to do so.

I'm not a real coder sadly, but just a bit of a beginner (python).

I'll be looking for all the CP's! thank you so much for all your help! I'm working still on the vista machine. Want to put a mod pack into it. And then clean the saves + make an instruction how to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.