Water Lot Of Fun help?

Tyadran

So after spending about an hour on Water Lot Of Fun I decided my attempt was practically a lost cause after getting some really bad pathfinding bugs, and wanted to ask for advice on how better to complete the level.

I'm not sure how you're really intended to do it, but what I did (somewhat on accident) was to fly just one Raider over to the stranded Docks on a Tunnel Scout, and attempted to get him to clear the rubble there. Instead, he started walking in circles, unable to figure out what to do. In any case, I set him to drill some of the walls, which evidently opened up a large tunnel. Then, no matter what I did, for the rest of the level my Raiders got stuck walking through the tunnel to the stranded Docks intending to complete a task, get to it, and then turn around and walk all the way back. This happened multiple times, one time with them even carrying the danger things to put up for building construction and then turning around and carrying them all the way back. They wouldn't pick up anything they were directly told to either, just walking this circuit over and over.

Since I don't really feel like spending another hour on this level next time (the in-level time said like 1:54 but I had speed up to max), I wanted to find out the most efficient way to get it done and hopefully not run into this issue again. Thanks. :/

Were they getting hungry and trying to run all the way back to the support station at the main base? You can manually feed them to avoid that - if that's the issue.

Not particularly. When they did run back to eat, they would just get stuck at the main base until I sent them to do something again, at which point they would run across and back. It may have been part of the problem though, I'm not sure.

Whenever I played any of the bigger maps I always stayed as restricted as I could for as long as I could manage to (happens a lot to me on Split Down the Middle). The more options the raiders have to decide on doing, the more "confused" they always seemed to get. Getting as many  machines and vehicles as I could also "simplified" things and helped keep them from starting. The longer I played, the more they happened. Those pathfinding bugs have always just been part of my experience unfortunately otherwise

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I never got this far in the game back when I played it before (I was really young) so I wasn't aware that these pathfinding problems were so pervasive. I had issues in other levels, but they always sorted themselves out eventually.

The easiest thing to do in Water Lot of Fun is abuse it - providing you dynamite every last rock on your starting side of the lake, you can get the required 15 crystals to win. Don't build anything, though.

That aside, this is general Idleness Syndrome and frequently occurs when large distances and bodies of water are involved.

Oh, all you have to do is get 15 crystals? I didn't get that from the mission summary, I thought you had to cross the water and build stuff by the other Docks.

Just now, Tyadran said:

Oh, all you have to do is get 15 crystals? I didn't get that from the mission summary, I thought you had to cross the water and build stuff by the other Docks.

Quite correct - you only need 15 crystals, regardless of obtaining method.

It is true that crystals are more frequent on the other side, and the Docks is a free crystal and also a free recipe for Idleness Syndrome due to leaving large quantities of Ore around.... but they're not neccessary as per se.

You will need to dynamite the last Hard Rock pieces though - but Explosive Experts are easy to train.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.