Air Filter (New Building)

Cyrem

Air Filter Building

Cirevam and I have put together an additional building for LRR, it does not replace any previous building and you can build it from the menu. However its function isn’t exactly new, as it produces breathable oxygen. This building is designed to take the oxygen function away from the Support Station and make it its own dedicated building.

The advantage of this is not just to have a new building, but it creates additional game challenge. Support Station becomes a dedicated training and sandwich making building. Whereas this handles the oxygen production alone. Its oxygen output will be less than what the support station was, so you will have to build more.

Modeling/Animation: @Cirevam
Design/CFG/UI: Myself

Preview

large.AirFilter.gif.b5fcd647d363689cb41b

Download: [Soon]

• Administrators
ShadowDraikana

This is awesome, Cyrem (and Cirevam)!  As a suggestion, maybe have it so that upgrading it can slightly increase the oxygen output.  Of course, this would affect the number you need to build.  

14 hours ago, Slimy Slug said:

This is awesome, Cyrem (and Cirevam)!  As a suggestion, maybe have it so that upgrading it can slightly increase the oxygen output.  Of course, this would affect the number you need to build.  

Thanks for the comments. I'm being careful not to make it too easy like the support station, so I may not add upgrades to it.

• 2 weeks later...

ach can you please not make it a sandwich making building so I can just spam these for air, build a Support Station to get all the buildings, and teleport my Support Station up so my raiders will never run for sandwiches, ever?

Jokes and AI glitches aside, the building looks very nice! The blue bar thingies on the side don't seem to have any similarities with the rest of LRR buildings, so they seem a little out of place. The studs at its corners look horribly detailed compared to the low-texture Power Path just behind it, which is a  bit of visual juxtaposition.

Nice to see that LRR poking is still continuing, even in the days of Win10 updates breaking all the compatibility...

2 hours ago, aidenpons said:

can you please not make it a sandwich making building

Bruh, the first post says "Support Station becomes a dedicated training and sandwich making building. Whereas this handles the oxygen production alone." It's okay, is joke.

As for visuals, Cyrem sketched it out and I simply modeled it with assets I already had. That's why you see the detailed 1x1 round studs and 1x2 grilles. These are actually pieces from Time Raiders buildings! I see what you mean by them being overly detailed compared to the 1999-era graphics beside them. I could make them look worse if you wanted... the lights on the side were also requested by Cyrem, but you can disable the effect by making the glow texture all black. That will render it completely transparent.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

aidenpons pinged me about this so I uploaded it. I'm pretty sure the explosion animation isn't done but you won't have to see it if you git gud

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 9:25 PM, Cyrem said:

Air Filter Building

Download: [Soon]

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

large.AirFilter.png.d2a753beced06e68690dac644538b3dd.png

With full thanks to Cyrem, for the original topic, Cirevam, for the modelling and releasing the model, I present to you a finally functional version of the Air Filter! That doesn't overwrite any existing buildings and adds on in the 11th slot.

> Download!

This mod doesn't actually require CE to run, as LRR supports 11 buildings and only uses 10.

Balance:

• Does not require power
  • 1 crystal, 9 ore to build
  • +2 oxygen off the bat, then 2.5, then 3.3

It might seem a bit overpowered but you need a lot of them. The Support Station is significantly cheaper in terms of ore, crystals, and space, and also necessary for game progression. If you have balance feedback (or any feedback!) let me know.

(However the Support Station is also the only building that gives out sandwiches. Build it for the dependencies, depower it, and you'll never have sandwich woes ever again :) )

@Cirevam - could you please make an icon for it? It currently just uses the Support Station's icon.

• Like 2
  • Cool Bro 1

Cirevam has heard my plea and we now have a custom icon for it! Which you won't be able to see very much because it collides with the Ore & Crystal HUD. But hey, icons!

Updated the download above with the Cafeteria patch.

• 7 months later...
shaggy08251993

This is really cool! Just to be clear though, does it require Cafeteria, or is that optional? Can I use the WAD tool to extract it? I haven't seen .wadp before. Thanks!

You don't need Cafeteria if you use the download link I posted. That gets you the raw files. Just copy the Barracks folder over your existing Data/Buildings/Barracks folder (after you have extracted your own WADs, of course) and the building will appear. Menu icons, tooltips, and other things require you to edit other files. Aiden's patch includes all of that and you need Cafeteria to use it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.