Audio is Broken

Bill Ding

I recently installed Alpha Team on a laptop running Windows 8.1. Alpha Team is set in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, and runs more or less fine, except all audio seems to be broken. Is there any fix for this?

Can you be more specific? I'm assuming you mean it stutters/loops the same portions repeatedly - that's the most common issue anyway. It mostly happens on XP (any chance XP compatibility mode is *causing* it?), and usually runs fine on Vista and 7... I've heard it can be fixed by adding/replacing some DLL somewhere, but I don't know details, or if it's even true.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:17 PM, Terrev said:

Can you be more specific? I'm assuming you mean it stutters/loops the same portions repeatedly - that's the most common issue anyway. It mostly happens on XP (any chance XP compatibility mode is *causing* it?), and usually runs fine on Vista and 7... I've heard it can be fixed by adding/replacing some DLL somewhere, but I don't know details, or if it's even true.

Interestingly, the audio is simply not in the game altogether, even though the volume settings on both the game and the computer seem to be fine. It's possible compatibility mode could be causing some issues, but I'll have to test it more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.