(dgVoodoo) D3DLmm.dll causes game to freeze when mouse stops moving in game

AnotherCrazyCanadian

AnotherCrazyCanadian

Hey everyone, thought I would chime in here and post my results on the dgVoodoo guide that was provided on this site. Whenever I start the game and start a mission, when I leave my mouse for a second or two (to which in-game it will highlight the object or say what it is) the game visually will freeze (sound still plays fine). I've tried multiple configurations but nothing seems to work, and I isolated it down to the D3DLmm.dll file. Of course, the game can't start up without it though. Does anyone else have that problem or know of a solution? I tried 'Glueckskekschen's fix which did a bit of help but is causing major idleness syndrome (EDIT: The game keeps crashing with Glueckskekschen's guide if you increase textureuseage, if that somehow helps.)

Thanks all, glad to see the site is still running strong!

1 hour ago, AnotherCrazyCanadian said:

Hey everyone, thought I would chime in here and post my results on the dgVoodoo guide that was provided on this site. Whenever I start the game and start a mission, when I leave my mouse for a second or two (to which in-game it will highlight the object or say what it is) the game visually will freeze (sound still plays fine). I've tried multiple configurations but nothing seems to work, and I isolated it down to the D3DLmm.dll file. Of course, the game can't start up without it though. Does anyone else have that problem or know of a solution? I tried 'Glueckskekschen's fix which did a bit of help but is causing major idleness syndrome (EDIT: The game keeps crashing with Glueckskekschen's guide if you increase textureuseage, if that somehow helps.)

Thanks all, glad to see the site is still running strong!

Try dgVoodoo 2.53 instead, as some people find that version has less issues for them.

The only thing Glueckskekschen's fix does is move the window to immitate it looking like fullscreen while in windowed mode. Idless Sydrome has been isolated to being an issue with LRR's pathfinding system, so each are not related. Texture Usage should not be randomly increased by 0's, you'll cause yourself extra crashing.

Hope it goes well.

• Thanks 1

AnotherCrazyCanadian
1 hour ago, Cyrem said:

Try dgVoodoo 2.53 instead, as some people find that version has less issues for them.

The only thing Glueckskekschen's fix does is move the window to immitate it looking like fullscreen while in windowed mode. Idless Sydrome has been isolated to being an issue with LRR's pathfinding system, so each are not related. Texture Usage should not be randomly increased by 0's, you'll cause yourself extra crashing.

Hope it goes well.

Thank you for the advice and the info Cyrem. I read a few years back on here if you're experiencing lag you should put a couple '0's after texture usage. Has that changed? I'll give that link a try, thank you for getting it, and I'll update with results. This works for Baz's mod and Axel's patch too, yeah?

57 minutes ago, AnotherCrazyCanadian said:

Thank you for the advice and the info Cyrem. I read a few years back on here if you're experiencing lag you should put a couple '0's after texture usage. Has that changed? I'll give that link a try, thank you for getting it, and I'll update with results. This works for Baz's mod and Axel's patch too, yeah?

No definitive research has been done on TextureUsage, some have reported better performance. Personally I can't tell the difference. The number used will most likely have a certain multiplier/format so it's not good idea to enter potentially invalid values.

Let us know how it went.

P.S I moved the topic in to the support section since it seems like just a normal support issue.

AnotherCrazyCanadian
4 hours ago, Cyrem said:

No definitive research has been done on TextureUsage, some have reported better performance. Personally I can't tell the difference. The number used will most likely have a certain multiplier/format so it's not good idea to enter potentially invalid values.

Let us know how it went.

P.S I moved the topic in to the support section since it seems like just a normal support issue.

Sorry Cyrem, that would have made more sense, thanks.

So far, it works! No reported problems with 2.53 and MAN does it make my game run better, with much higher graphics to boot! Also, no issues with Baz's mod thus far, there was one crash but I blame the base game for that.

Is there a donate button on this site? That's twice this forum has saved my butt!

On 29/12/2017 at 3:48 PM, AnotherCrazyCanadian said:

So far, it works! No reported problems with 2.53 and MAN does it make my game run better, with much higher graphics to boot! Also, no issues with Baz's mod thus far, there was one crash but I blame the base game for that.

Is there a donate button on this site? That's twice this forum has saved my butt!

Great to hear its all working now, enjoy the game! Yes sometimes it may crash, It may be due to the mod or something else, hard to troubleshoot in-game crashes.

If you do wish to donate, send me a PM.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.