Some Odd Graphical Issues on Win 10

SiegDerMaus

So I've been trying to get Rock Raiders to work on my Windows 10 machine. I've been mostly  successful, apart from some weird graphics issues. When in game, elements of the loading screen appear around the UI elements, and it flickers back and forth between the 3D game environment and the loading screen and briefing. A screenshot is attached. I'd like to know if anyone has encountered this before, and if so, how to fix it. 

t5BWjAE.jpg

Ok, the problem it looks like you're facing is to do with the transparent parts of the UI elements. It's looks like it's not clearing & redrawing these sections.

This is the first time I've seen this, how did you get your game working exactly? are you using anything (e.g dgVoodoo) ? What display driver are you using in the mode selection window that appears when you start the game?

I am using dgVoodoo with Direct 3D HAL. The problem shown in the screenshot doesn't happen in windowed mode. But windowed mode is also incredibly tiny on my 1920x1080 monitor. It'd be nice to find a compromise. 

Das Glückskekschen
On 23.12.2017 at 9:36 PM, SiegDerMaus said:

While my problem does not occur in windowed mode, your fix doesn't make windowed full screen successfully. 

Can you describe the problem a little bit more (maybe with screenshots).
"What" isn't working when you try to start my rr-fix?

Btw the dgVoodoo works for me only in window mode too.

Das Glückskekschen
1 minute ago, SiegDerMaus said:

Simply that I activate the .exe, a shell window opens briefly, and nothing happens.

Are you using the "normal" LegoRR.exe to start the game?

Das Glückskekschen

Please try to start it directly with the LegoRR.exe.

Because in the german edition, there are some shortcuts on the desktop which won't work with my patch.

I guess you have the German one :af:

7 hours ago, SiegDerMaus said:

I am starting it from a shortcut to the LegoRR.exe. 

The shortcuts that are created by the installer really shouldn't be used, they use certain parameters designed to skip things such as the mode selector. Given that dgvoodoo is in the directory, it potentially should be working even with the shortcut, however it's still not advisable to use it. Launch the game directly from the EXE for best results.

If you are using dgvoodoo 2.54 or the latest WIP version, I recommend trying 2.53 from the official website. Others have had certain issues resolved in that version.

• Like 1

I'm using my own shortcut, not the one created by the installer, loaded with custom command line parameter goodies. 

And it still doesn't work when launching the game directly from the exe.

Das Glückskekschen
6 hours ago, SiegDerMaus said:

I'm using my own shortcut, not the one created by the installer, loaded with custom command line parameter goodies. 

And it still doesn't work when launching the game directly from the exe.

Okay, I don't know why there is no error message then...
The only thing which is required for the rr-fix is the .NET Framework 4.5.

Try to start it as a admin:

bMIUelm.png

Das Glückskekschen
14 hours ago, Cyrem said:

The shortcuts that are created by the installer really shouldn't be used, they use certain parameters designed to skip things such as the mode selector. Given that dgvoodoo is in the directory, it potentially should be working even with the shortcut, however it's still not advisable to use it. Launch the game directly from the EXE for best results.

If you are using dgvoodoo 2.54 or the latest WIP version, I recommend trying 2.53 from the official website. Others have had certain issues resolved in that version.

THATS IT!

With the older version 2.53 from dgvoodoo I can run it.

Thanks Cyrem.
(You made my patch superfluous. :af:)

• 2 weeks later...

I got this issue as well but I am confused by the steps taken to remedy it. Sorry, I'm kinda new to this and just trying to get this game to work on my current computer after I found my discs for the game recently.

4 hours ago, Hippy259 said:

I got this issue as well but I am confused by the steps taken to remedy it. Sorry, I'm kinda new to this and just trying to get this game to work on my current computer after I found my discs for the game recently.

Welcome mate. Follow this guide: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/guides/lego-rock-raiders/run-lego-rock-raiders-with-dgvoodoo-r7/

Let us know how you go.

• 3 months later...

Exactly  the same UI problem, I have try everything : cafeteria, patch from das glückskekschen and voodoo 2.53/2.54/2.55. And I give up now. This game gonna miss me :'( Time to go back on factorio x)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.