Cyrem

(Competition) RRU Racers Tournament #2

Cyrem
RRU Racers Tournament #2

Welcome back everyone for the second LEGO Racers racing tournament. It's quite amazing to see how fast time goes, it's been over four years since the first tournament was announced. You may remember years ago this tournament was going to take place but vanished, well its back. It's been a long time, so dust off your engines, fill your fuel tanks and enlist to race!

Joining the Tournament

To join this tournament, reply to this topic stating that you will be joining. You will need all Time Race tracks unlocked, if you don't, replace your save game with this one supplied by @JimbobJeffers. The start date has not been released, however it will be as soon as we have enough entrants.

Tournament Process

Once the contestants are in, the first round will be announced. The announcement will contain who is racing and the track. If you are a racer, you then have 4 days to record your fastest race in Time Race mode and upload the video. I will also send you a PM.  The fastest racers out of all the videos goes into the next round. This repeats until there is a winner.

Racing Rules

• Race must be done with LEGO Racers PC.
  • Racing must be done in Time Race mode.
  • No cheat codes
  • No speed hacks
  • No warping (Speed boosts are allowed)
  • All 3 laps must be done.
  • Shortcuts ARE allowed.

Recording Software

In order to record your racing video you will need recording software. Below is a list of popular recorders. Try them and pick what is best for you. These videos need to be uploaded to Youtube, so keep that in mind.

Uploading Videos

Once you have recorded your race video, it will need to be uploaded to YouTube. When uploading your video, set the video as a 'unlisted' video. This is important because if other contestants see your video they will know your race time. Once this has been done, send me a Personal Message on this forum with the link to the video.

Late Videos

If you don't send me the link to the video before the deadline is up (and without reason), you forfeit the tournament.

Current Entrants (4)

GO GO GO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

aidenpons

I'd like to be in but I'm pretty certain that what with all sorts of family festivities and away-from-internet going on, I won't be able to make the 48hr deadline, and I don't really want to slow down the works.

Cyrem
14 minutes ago, aidenpons said:

I'd like to be in but I'm pretty certain that what with all sorts of family festivities and away-from-internet going on, I won't be able to make the 48hr deadline, and I don't really want to slow down the works.

It could be extended, really depends on how the other entrants feel. Until theres more feedback I'll bump it to 4 days as 48 hours does look a bit short.

Pereki

I'll be waiting for y'all... at the finish line! >:3

(I'm in provided this starts up no sooner than sunday, because unfortunately I still have finals to wrap up!)

• Haha 1

Cyrem
Just now, Pereki said:

I'll be waiting for y'all... at the finish line! >:3

(I'm in provided this starts up no sooner than sunday, because unfortunately I still have finals to wrap up!)

Not to worry, won't be starting that early :). I'll mark you in.

• Thanks 1

Wirza

I'm joining

• Thanks 1

Brickoum

I'll join also.

Cyrem
18 hours ago, Wirza said:

I'm joining

8 hours ago, Brickoum said:

I'll join also.

Both added, thanks for joining!

Xir
21 hours ago, Cyrem said:

You will need all Time Race tracks unlocked, if you don't, replace your save game with this one

Seems like the lap time unaffected save might be of better use? Though in the end I guess it doesn't really matter too much.

TheBerg

I'll do it. It's the perfect chance to see if I'm really good at this game or not :P

Cyrem
19 hours ago, TheBerg said:

I'll do it. It's the perfect chance to see if I'm really good at this game or not :P

Added! Thanks for joining.

CaptainGolem

I'll try it.

Cyrem
2 hours ago, CaptainGolem said:

I'll try it.

Awesome, Added to entrants!

Commander Cold

I'm in. I recently dusted off Racers and played through the entire game over the span of a week (5 days of which was spent beating Veronica in PIRATE SKULL PASS AND ADVENTURE TEMPLE TRAIL! Ugh I felt so awesome after finally, after those two tracks keeping me from beating the game ever since my childhood, seeing Veronica's red blip on the map stop once I finished. It was the time of day before I usually go to the gym and lift, and in the workout immediately following, I hit a 405 deadlift PR. I love LEGO Racers.

• Like 1

Cyrem
4 hours ago, Commander Cold said:

I'm in. I recently dusted off Racers and played through the entire game over the span of a week (5 days of which was spent beating Veronica in PIRATE SKULL PASS AND ADVENTURE TEMPLE TRAIL! Ugh I felt so awesome after finally, after those two tracks keeping me from beating the game ever since my childhood, seeing Veronica's red blip on the map stop once I finished. It was the time of day before I usually go to the gym and lift, and in the workout immediately following, I hit a 405 deadlift PR. I love LEGO Racers.

You're In!!

• Like 1

MTG1993Goblin

I'd love to take part - always felt that the time races (esp. Ice Planet Pathway and Pirate Skull Pass) were the most challenging part of the game. Sounds like great fun!

Cyrem
9 hours ago, MTG1993Goblin said:

I'd love to take part - always felt that the time races (esp. Ice Planet Pathway and Pirate Skull Pass) were the most challenging part of the game. Sounds like great fun!

Awesome thanks for entering :D

DarkianMaker

I will join if I can still join that is

Cyrem

@DarkianMaker You're in!

And with that, we'll close the entries. Your first race will be in a couple of days!

Commander Cold

Has it started?

Cyrem
8 hours ago, Commander Cold said:

Has it started?

Not yet, check back tomorrow. You'll also receive a PM.

Brickoum
On 12/27/2017 at 3:10 AM, Cyrem said:

Not yet, check back tomorrow. You'll also receive a PM.

So, um when is it supposed to begin? Because that was 2 days ago and tomorrow (then) has became yesterday.

Cyrem

Get ready because Round 1 commences now.

You will be racing on....

large.lr_att.jpg.184d5478a17f623e90c40ea

The top 5 times will proceed to the next round.

[Contestants should PM me their video's & times, don't post here]

CaptainGolem

Sadly I won't be able to participate in the tournament, some other stuff came up and I simply don't have enough time anymore. I have done a lap but I don't think there's any point submitting it. Sorry about that!

Brickoum

I also had stuff get in the way and won't be able to compete