Cyrem

Community Highlights - December 2017

Cyrem
Community Highlights - December 2017

Welcome to the new monthly Community Highlights. With the beginning of the Community Highlights segment you'll be able to see some of the great things happening on RRU.

Creative Highlights

Selected picks from the community

U88LHlo.jpg

1 - The Cookie
@Arthuriel is back with another one of his Rock Raiders parody comics, don't miss it!

2. The Headquarters

A dark and mysterious render entered into our recent competition by @MineTimelapser! Don't forget to checkout the other ones in there too!

3. Rock Raiders Postcard

Tom Rodgers (aka @mistermuck) has produced a fine Rock Raiders Postcard comic with artwork almost like the original official comic series for Rock Raiders. He's also posted a timelapse of creating this illustration with his process. This is an amazing piece, checkout his Patreon!

Must Read Topics

Our top new and active topics that can't be missed...

A failed AMA becomes an Article
While an attempt by @tfishell to start an AMA for LEGO Island sadly didn't get off the ground, Brandon Davis - a 3D artists that worked on LEGO Island wrote an article instead, check it out!

LRR Inspired Background Competition

We held a Rock Raiders inspire background competition to create a new background for RRU. There were 4 awesome entries and @JimbobJeffers came home with the pick of them.

LEGO Stunt Rally Version Differences

@Jessietail has done an outstanding job doing a write up on the version differences between executable and resource files in various LEGO Stunt Rally releases.

LEGO Racers 2 Texture Template Guide

Making textures for LEGO Racers 2 has gotten that much easier with @Terrev's detailed template guide for making Minifigure skins.

Czech LEGO Racers
We got an interesting look at the Czech translation of LEGO Racers with some translation oddities.

Animated Textures in LEGO Rock Raiders

Making animated textures for models in LEGO Rock Raiders has finally been solved with this video from @Cirevam!

Community Mods
Recent game mods from our community...

PowerUp Shuffle - LEGO Racers

@aidenpons has put together a new powerup layout to make things slightly more difficult in LR

Sparks - LEGO Racers 2
@Red60 has done an excellent crossover of Sparks from LEGO Rock Raiders into LEGO Racers 2.

Infomaniac - LEGO Racers 2

Get rid of Sparky and replace him with Infomaniac! Another great character mod from Red60!

LEGOLAND Characters in LR2 - LEGO Racers 2

More skins from Red60 with a crossovers from LEGOLAND into LEGO Racers 2

Community Tools

New and improved modding tools!

LEGO Island 2 MESH Exporter
@pivke has opened the possibilites of adding custom 3D models into LEGO Island 2 with his new exporter plugin for Milkshape 3D.

3DXML to OBJ

Convert your LDD Models into OBJ format models with this conversion tool by Terrev.

That's a wrap for this round of highlights. Well done everyone for your contributing, creating and researching. Looking forward to what next month brings us!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Red60

I'm honored to have my mods featured, but that Infomaniac mod is hardly recent haha, it's about as old as LR2 texture modding. But thanks, I'm glad someone enjoys my work. :)

• Like 1

Cyrem
4 minutes ago, Red60 said:

that Infomaniac mod is hardly recent haha, it's about as old as LR2 texture modding. But thanks, I'm glad someone enjoys my work. :)

You're right, sunchipp tripped me up on that one. But it was too late to correct, so I just left it in the topic :)

• Like 1

mistermuck

D'aww shucks - thanks for sharing, @Cyrem! Really glad you like it! :D I might very well be doing more Rock Raiders fan art in the future! Everybody's work on this site is very inspiring and fun. :) 

• Like 3

Cyrem
7 hours ago, mistermuck said:

D'aww shucks - thanks for sharing, @Cyrem! Really glad you like it! :D I might very well be doing more Rock Raiders fan art in the future! Everybody's work on this site is very inspiring and fun. :) 

If you do, definitely looking forward to it! First thing I did actually was check if you were the original artist who did the set comics (which I'm sure you've seen) haha.

• Thanks 1

mistermuck

Aw gosh, that's flattering! Yes, I love the comics included in the sets (still have 'em)! I actually pulled 'em out to use as reference while doing the illustration so I'm glad it shows! :D I'll def try to post some more LEGO arts soon! :)

• Like 1