Game Crash Selecting a Raider or the Sidebar

EladC

3 hours ago, EladC said:

no my game is fully english.

I think I may have found where the issue is occuring, it's having difficulty finding the Mode Select window, and if this is it, it'd definitely be the reason why the resolution mod isn't working. Unfortunatly, you may have to wait till I release the next version of Cafeteria. Until then I guess you can revert to the vanilla version like above, or keep trying?

5 hours ago, Cyrem said:

I think I may have found where the issue is occuring, it's having difficulty finding the Mode Select window, and if this is it, it'd definitely be the reason why the resolution mod isn't working. Unfortunatly, you may have to wait till I release the next version of Cafeteria. Until then I guess you can revert to the vanilla version like above, or keep trying?

i'll wait, tnx.

what about the soundtrack?

what about it? you said you made a CUE file linking to the music tracks, mounted it to a virtual drive, and changed that drive's letter to be above your physical drive, right? It should work if you did that. I'm not sure exactly what you did though so idk

12 minutes ago, Jessietail said:

what about it? you said you made a CUE file linking to the music tracks, mounted it to a virtual drive, and changed that drive's letter to be above your physical drive, right? It should work if you did that. I'm not sure exactly what you did though so idk

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they're in FLAC (I don't know why, the audio tracks aren't that high quality anyway) would it? ... even though its mounted as an audio track.

Worst case, just burn an audio CD, not sure how PowerISO does it but in CDBurnerXP it's as simple as clicking this guy: http://prntscr.com/hjpxvh. You'll know you're in the right mode if it says you go 80mins to use on your CD.

16 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

I don't know why, the audio tracks aren't that high quality anyway

Preservation? But yeah making them wav files might help, not sure how the game handles that stuff but since everything else in its files is a wav it's probably worth trying.

I just figured a cue mount would be easier since you could easily add or change tracks whenever you wanted without having to re-burn a disc.

13 hours ago, Cyrem said:

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they're in FLAC (I don't know why, the audio tracks aren't that high quality anyway) would it? ... even though its mounted as an audio track.

Worst case, just burn an audio CD, not sure how PowerISO does it but in CDBurnerXP it's as simple as clicking this guy: http://prntscr.com/hjpxvh. You'll know you're in the right mode if it says you go 80mins to use on your CD.

hmm, i guess i didnt do it right then, what do i need to add to this audio CD to make it reach all the way to 80 min? i added the 3 mission soundtracks and im at 12 min give or take, what else should i add there?

edit: ok after playing a little big i just found out that im pretty much clueless about the soundtrack think, can anyone provide a guide for it? it seems i dont know how to make the CD file currectly.

btw thank you all very much for helping me, i appreciate that.

6 hours ago, EladC said:

what do i need to add to this audio CD to make it reach all the way to 80 min?

It can be any length you like. With a virtual CD you could probably get away with making it over that and the game would still accept it, maybe. there's no minimum length though.

6 hours ago, EladC said:

edit: ok after playing a little big i just found out that im pretty much clueless about the soundtrack think, can anyone provide a guide for it? it seems i dont know how to make the CD file currectly.

you still haven't told us what exactly you did, if you did all those things I mentioned. If you didnt make a cue file you can just use ImgBurn, click Create Image from files, go to the Tools menu and select Create Cue file.

3 minutes ago, Jessietail said:

It can be any length you like. With a virtual CD you could probably get away with making it over that and the game would still accept it, maybe. there's no minimum length though.

you still haven't told us what exactly you did, if you did all those things I mentioned. If you didnt make a cue file you can just use ImgBurn, click Create Image from files, go to the Tools menu and select Create Cue file.

i just figured out all i did was messing things up and not really knowing how to make a cue file properly, i tried CDburnerXP but the cue file i created could not be mounted for some reason, i guess i just dont know how to do it right, is there a detailed guide somehwhere? i tried google with no luck.

42 minutes ago, Jessietail said:

use ImgBurn

click Create Image from files (the one that shows a folder going into a sheet of paper)
 go to the Tools menu

select Create Cue file

It'll bring up a window you can drag your audio files into to put them on the disc.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-an-audio-cd-from-music-files-using-imgburn/

just ignore anything about writing to a disc and mount the cue file with daemontools or something.

I don't know anything about cdburner, sorry

7 hours ago, EladC said:

hmm, i guess i didnt do it right then, what do i need to add to this audio CD to make it reach all the way to 80 min? i added the 3 mission soundtracks and im at 12 min give or take, what else should i add there?

No thats all good, an audio CD can have up to 80mins worth of music on it, having only 12mins on it is fine. You could add your own music after or perhaps the PS1 game tracks, however to get it to play more than 3 tracks you'll have to mod your game.

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

No thats all good, an audio CD can have up to 80mins worth of music on it, having only 12mins on it is fine. You could add your own music after or perhaps the PS1 game tracks, however to get it to play more than 3 tracks you'll have to mod your game.

well idk whats wrong then cuz i still have no soundtrack in the game, i followed the guide Jessietail included in his last message.

• 3 months later...
On 2017-12-06 at 1:57 AM, Cyrem said:

I'd just like to second this issue. I'm having it too. My screen resolution is 2160x1440 (Surface Pro 3) Here is my info dump:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at ProjecktBistro.MainWin.btnLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Cafeteria
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.9.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jason/Downloads/Games/Rock%20Raiders/Compat/Cafeteria.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

This only happens when "Override high DPI scaling" is set to "Application". Windows 10 will automatically set this after playing it once. With any other setting (off or system/enhanced) it will start in 640x480 and, if the setting in Cafeteria is anything other than 640x480, will promptly hang and crash once you reach the initial loading screen. With 640x480 selected, the game will not crash, but will still not be playable on my system because the box for the text is too low, making it impossible to click the next arrow when the text in the box is short.

Currently, the best way I have to play this game on Windows 10 is straight using dgVoodoo 2.53 (2.54 is broken) which seems to work great, but is limited to the default res.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.