Game Crash Selecting a Raider or the Sidebar

EladC

Hello,

I installed LEGO Rock Raiders recently and with it dgvoodoo 5.24 to make it run on my windows 8.1.

The problem is whenever my mouse enters the sidebar area (to choose a vehicle or summon a raider) or even when I click a Rock Raider, the game crashes.

I don't know what to do I tried everything I know and could.

Please help :(

Setup:

windows 8.1 pro

sli gt 755

What I Tried:

- changing dgvoodoo configurations

- reinstalling from same source

- reinstalling from different sources

- windows XP VM

- compatibility changes

- disabling the SLI

Thank you

6 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

You could try to run it in Windowed mode to see if it still crashes...

Let us know if tis changes anything.

I'll try and report back.

EDIT:

still crash :(

7 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Hmm,

You're running LRR straight from LegoRR.exe right? On the Mode Selection window there should be two display drivers, have you tried both?

Alternatively, maybe try a different version of dgVoodoo (http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html)

Maybe try the WIP39 version and an older version, say 2.45.

yes thats what i do to run in windowed mode, also tried both drivers and older versions of dgvoodoo.

18 minutes ago, EladC said:

i think i got it to work in windowed mode, but its so tiny i cant see a thing, is there a way to make it look bigger?

How did you get it working in the end?

Yes it's annoying, the only way to increase the game resolution is via Cafeteria (Try it with fullscreen to see if the higher res makes any difference).

7 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

How did you get it working in the end?

Yes it's annoying, the only way to increase the game resolution is via Cafeteria (Try it with fullscreen to see if the higher res makes any difference).

i disabled dgvoodoo completely and installed directx 8a on my pc, the full screen is still buggy and laggy and messy and impossible to play but the windowed is working fine, its just too small.

also , i was just wondering, is there a way i can get the soundtrack working on this game? cuz i did burn the FLAC folder into the iso and installed it from the new ISO i created, also copied the FLAC folder into the game folder, idk if its working (2 first missions no soundtrack at all).

thank again :)

5 minutes ago, EladC said:

i disabled dgvoodoo completely and installed directx 8a on my pc, the full screen is still buggy and laggy and messy and impossible to play but the windowed is working fine, its just too small.

also , i was just wondering, is there a way i can get the soundtrack working on this game? cuz i did burn the FLAC folder into the iso and installed it from the new ISO i created, also copied the FLAC folder into the game folder, idk if its working (2 first missions no soundtrack at all).

thank again :)

Thanks for posting your solution.

Theres two ways you could do this. By default the game plays the Audio Track on the CD thats inserted into your drive, it needs to be burned as an audio track and not as a data track. Alternatively, Cafeteria also handles playing of music that you dump in it's music folder, not sure if it supports FLAC though, don't think I tested it for that.

3 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

Theres two ways you could do this. By default the game plays the Audio Track on the CD thats inserted into your drive, it needs to be burned as an audio track and not as a data track. Alternatively, Cafeteria also handles playing of music that you dump in it's music folder, not sure if it supports FLAC though, don't think I tested it for that.

my download included 3 FLAC type soundtracks, i did burn the folder into the CD, could you explain more about the process? is there a certain path to burn them in so the game will recognize them?

6 minutes ago, EladC said:

my download included 3 FLAC type soundtracks, i did burn the folder into the CD, could you explain more about the process? is there a certain path to burn them in so the game will recognize them?

What program are you using? You'll probably be looking for something like "Burn an Audio CD".

23 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

What program are you using? You'll probably be looking for something like "Burn an Audio CD".

i use PowerISO to burn the game CD, i added the FLAC folder into the iso then saved it.

you can just mount a cue file to a virtual drive with daemon tools lite and then change its letter to B or A in your partition manager. easier than burning a disc probably. rock raiders doesn't need the music disc to be in D drive, just the first letter that's a disc drive.

Since windowed mode is working for you properly you can try what I did. The game was also working only in windowed mode for me. In DGvoodoo there is a checkbox for manual fullscreen by alt+enter (Cannot check what it actually is right now) and you have to enable that. Then you can start the game in windowed mode and set it to fullscreen by pressing alt+enter. That worked for me and now I can play the game (except from the weird quirks that DGvoodoo gives me).

25 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Since windowed mode is working for you properly you can try what I did. The game was also working only in windowed mode for me. In DGvoodoo there is a checkbox for manual fullscreen by alt+enter (Cannot check what it actually is right now) and you have to enable that. Then you can start the game in windowed mode and set it to fullscreen by pressing alt+enter. That worked for me and now I can play the game (except from the weird quirks that DGvoodoo gives me).

tnx but the game crashes as long as i use dgvoodoo, i managed to get it to work only when i disabled dgvoodoo completely and run in windowed mode.

10 hours ago, Cyrem said:

it seems Cafeteria messed up everything, when the game is loading, no "loading..." label is shown in the loading bar and the game crash a few seconds after, tried to reinstall and the same error occured, any ideas what to do?

Most of the loading screens and menus will appear off until they are redesigned, they were only built for 640x480 resolutions and after you get past the loading screen all the menus will be in the top left of the screen. In-game however will be fullscreen.

Sounds like a resolution application fault. Are you starting RR via the exe or the Launcher? In the Cafeter settings tab there will be a checkbox for Attempt to Skip Mode Selection, disable that so that you see the window. Try launch RR again, this time the Mode Select should appear, but it should look different and say the resolution you selected in the list.

EDIT: You dont need to reinstall to revese the changes, just copy the two WAD files from the Cafeteria folder back into the game folder and it'll all be vanilla again.

6 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

Most of the loading screens and menus will appear off until they are redesigned, they were only built for 640x480 resolutions and after you get past the loading screen all the menus will be in the top left of the screen. In-game however will be fullscreen.

Sounds like a resolution application fault. Are you starting RR via the exe or the Launcher? In the Cafeter settings tab there will be a checkbox for Attempt to Skip Mode Selection, disable that so that you see the window. Try launch RR again, this time the Mode Select should appear, but it should look different and say the resolution you selected in the list.

Cafeteria is throwing a runtime error at me i cant use it properly.

I WILL FIGHT UNTIL I CAN RUN LEGO RR! this is my life mission now.

Thats odd whats the runtime error say?, oh I should probably double check, youre using the English version of the game right?

Also see my edit in the previous comment.

3 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

Thats odd whats the runtime error say?, oh I should probably double check, youre using the English version of the game right?

Also see my edit in the previous comment.

tnx, when i press launch i get "System.InvalidOperationException" .NET runtime error, cant find compatible component 

5 minutes ago, EladC said:

tnx, when i press launch i get "System.InvalidOperationException" .NET runtime error, cant find compatible component 

First time I've seen that. Would you mind copy pasting the error details on that window here? Do you have .NET framework 4.5 installed?

Maybe explains why its not working.

8 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

First time I've seen that. Would you mind copy pasting the error details on that window here? Do you have .NET framework 4.5 installed?

Maybe explains why its not working.

i would but the error message is in hebrew, i have .NET 4.5 installed too, i'll try to sum it.

System.InvalidOperationException:the **translation** stream does not contain a compatible component  **end translation**
   at-  System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at-  ProjecktBistro.MainWin.btnLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at-  System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2 minutes ago, Cyrem said:

Thanks for that, ill have a look and get back to you.

Is your game in hebrew?

no my game is fully english.

if possible, i still need help with playing the soundtrack, i mounted the CUE file as Jessietail suggested and still no soundtrack (music only, all other sounds are ok).

anything else i could try?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.