dgVoodoo freezes game when selecting

Lair

Rock Raiders has decided to be a cool game and start rendering holes in the level meshes everywhere so I tried running it with dgVoodoo. But now whenever I select anything (in any situation that those selection lines would start rendering), the game completely freezes. Does this wrapper not like Windows 7? Did I get some setting wrong? I've used it before and never had this happen.

Also like how do I set all the resolution stuff through dgvoodoo again? It's only letting me apply settings while the game is running for some reason

Strange it's only started happening, what's happened to your pc recently? any updates? driver changes? I've never tried it on Windows 7 so I can't talk about that.

Have you dumped just the DLL's from the MS folder in the LRR folder? (I'm just wondering if there's any DLL conflicts with your System) You can run the config program, but all it does is save a dgVoodoo.conf and isn't actually needed after you've set your settings (actually, dgvoodoo works completely without ever using the config program). 

The resolution stuff only changes the drawing resolution of the game (window size stays the same, ui same etc). These are my settings for the Directx tab: http://prntscr.com/hf14id

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 4:43 AM, Cyrem said:

Strange it's only started happening, what's happened to your pc recently? any updates? driver changes?

yeah driver changed had happened, sorry I never responded. it seems to be specifically a 2.54 issue, 2.53 doesn't do that, but it does completely graphically freeze sometimes - the game is still running fine, but it's not updating its display at all, making it unplayable and I have to crash out of it. And without dgvoodoo at all it runs really laggy, so it seems like I'm stuck unless there's some other fix.

On 11/25/2017 at 4:43 AM, Cyrem said:

Have you dumped just the DLL's from the MS folder in the LRR folder? (I'm just wondering if there's any DLL conflicts with your System) You can run the config program, but all it does is save a dgVoodoo.conf and isn't actually needed after you've set your settings (actually, dgvoodoo works completely without ever using the config program). 

I just dumped everything yeah. Should I just try testing it one at a time and hope some combination works?

• 5 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 12:29 AM, Jessietail said:

yeah driver changed had happened, sorry I never responded. it seems to be specifically a 2.54 issue, 2.53 doesn't do that, but it does completely graphically freeze sometimes - the game is still running fine, but it's not updating its display at all, making it unplayable and I have to crash out of it. And without dgvoodoo at all it runs really laggy, so it seems like I'm stuck unless there's some other fix.

I just dumped everything yeah. Should I just try testing it one at a time and hope some combination works?

I have the same issues, works with 2.53, but video freezes after a while, with 2.54 as soon as you hover with the mouse over something the video freezes directly.

I have used a debugger with the debug version of dgVoodoo 2.55.3 and when the video freezes (due to hovering over something) it shows the error:

C:\Dev\SourceSafe\gods98_dx6\gods98\src\Files.c(330) : Error in call to File_Open
D3D11: Removing Device.

From that point onwards, I see warnings from dgVoodoo that it basically cannot render anything any more.

It is very strange that this only started happening with dgVoodoo 2.54 and up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.