The FREE SOFTWARE Notification Thread

Cyrem

I'm a huge fan of the PortableApps collection. They have a great range of applications there and all are legal to use, as they don't make an app portable if its license doesn't permit it.

For applications that can't be distributed publicly, I use Cameyo (Offline version is free) to install them on a clean VM install of Windows - you can legally install Win10 free, it just disables personalisation - then edit the packages and use them on my PC. I've got it working perfectly with LEGO Racers. Haven't tried other games yet except Rock Raiders, which when packaged would unfortunately always crash five seconds into a level, despite working fine on the VM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I bumped into Speq a little while back. Think of it like an actually good calculator instead of the standard Win+R C A L C <ENTER>. Very useful for doing random calculations and needing to check them a little later.

(Oh, and you may know this already, but if you create a shortcut to any application, move that shortcut into C:\Windows, and then hit Win+R NAMEOFSHORTCUT (probably best to rename it to something short and snappy, like "speq" in my case OldTonguePNG_transparent.png.e4013114c97501de1099aa06ca5e6529.png) Windows will launch whatever that shortcut points to.

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.