Flickering

Vigdos

Hi!

I've recently downloadeded Rock Raiders and got it all to work, except for one thing. Everything up until loading the level works fine, but  after that the game starts flickering for a second every few seconds. The flickering consists of either the loading screen or the mission objective with my mouse movements flickering over it, and it appears every time I am holding my mouse still. It looks like this: 23312960_10155542118425465_715024932_o.jpg?oh=64be296809b3cd48905f1bc232e7279c&oe=5A15E440

I am on Windows 10, with a modern Intel Core processor and AMD graphics. I can't remember where I downloaded it, but I found an automatic installer that did most of the stuff for me. D3drm.dll is added, and it mounts automatically through the program I am using. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Are you running LRR in Windowed? It looks like you aren't. For windowed mode to have a chance of existing, LRR needs to be in 16-bit colour mode (find LegoRR.exe, right click, compatibility, should be a box about colour)

and it mounts automatically through the program I am using

Normally the approach is to run LegoRR.exe with no "special" command line parameters (eg don't use the Basic and Advanced shortcuts) and you get a nice box which gives you the option to run in windowed...

What mounting program are you using?

3 hours ago, Vigdos said:

I ran it windowed, and it worked, thanks! :)

Runs scot free, though it is destroying the imersiveness a bit, is there a way around this?

You have two options you could try. If you want to keep everything as original as possible, try dgVoodoo.

Extract the 3 DLL files from the MS folder in that downloaded archive, put them in the installation folder of LRR (where you can find LegoRR.exe). Now manually start LegoRR.exe as before (you should see a mention of dgVoodoo on the mode selection screen), but keep it fullscreen instead of windowed. Run the game and hopefully that'll stop the flicker in fullscreen.

Second option: Cafeteria - Read through the first post on how to use.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.