LR - A Third Powerup Shuffler

aidenpons

First of all, I'd like to thank Grappiegovert and his track editing tool - without it, this would never have been done.

Secondly, I'd like to thank JrMasterModelBuilder for his .JAM extractor - without that, this would also never have been done.

It's impossible to make LR difficult - the AI is atrocious and the highly abusable green bricks make LR a cinch. But if you remove the green bricks... and put loads more red bricks... then it's still a piece of cake.

If you intend to play it that way. The idea with this mod was that whenever you'd get ahead, you'd slowdown - or sometimes stop - wait for the AI to catch up with you, pelt them with cannonball spam, speed on, and then slow down as they take ages to get out of a Pharaoh (that thing is very useful - it slows down all players to pass it, the only yellow powerup to do so). Furthermore, there are far fewer blue bricks.  Shortcuts now usually have no bricks in them and the alternate routes much more, so it's a great deal better for you if you take the long route.

Unfortunately, whilst adding so many red bricks I came across some limit. Put a couple too many bricks in. and when you hit someone with a cannonball it does nothing (this happens rarely near the finish line of Knightmare-a-thon ). Put waaaay too many bricks in, and white bricks can't be collected. Fortunately most of this is gone.

Other functional features:

• Bricks placed in inaccessible places (most of the time), usually green ones, just to wind you up
  • No shielding in the start of Alien Rally Asteroid - but there is a way to lose no speed going through that section that doesn't involve driving on the sides ;)
  • Whites are rare in the first circuit and become increasingly common
  • The game is still absurdly easy

Upload is here:

http://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/lego-racers-1/aidenpons-lr1-powerup-mod-r58/

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.