Lego Island 2 - Custom models + textures

pivke

Hey all,

did some modding for Lego Island 2:

lego00005bkzz.png

I did this with the help of LI2GE (link to thread) and a MSH exporter plugin for Milkshape 3D I didn't publish for now. I'm thinking of publishing it the next days. It gives the ability to calculate hard edged and smooth edged normals, as you can see on the image above.

I hope you like it :-)

• Like 4

MineTimelapser

Nice work!
Even though I can't comprehend the giraffe yet it's good to see this can mean some cool things for modding in the future.

2 hours ago, Terrev said:

Nice. Our current mesh editing options are rather limited/incomplete so this definitely looks like a step up.

Right! The plugin I developed for Milkshape 3D gives full ability of converting object-wise meshfiles. Just as texture coordinates and computing of custom normals.

1 hour ago, MineTimelapser said:

Nice work!
Even though I can't comprehend the giraffe yet it's good to see this can mean some cool things for modding in the future.

Thank you! I knew that questions about the giraffe would come up. I chose it to show the possibilites of my exporter plugin. Here I used the option "smooth edged normals" of my plugin to give the object a smooth appearance.

So, for this far we will be able to edit every single object/mesh of the game and its corresponding textures. There are only a few conditions to keep in mind when modding, but I will publish a little tutorial to show how it's done correctly.

I'm glad you like it! :-) So the work for this was probably not for nothing :-)

17 hours ago, Xir said:

Giraffe wat. Lol. Nice work!

Are custom collisions working?

Thanks Xir!

No sorry, collisions are not working for now. I didn't take a deeper look at collision files, but it should be possible to crack them up.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.