LU - Property access (question)

tomfyhr

1 hour ago, Jessietail said:

Aren't they just convolutedly-implemented LDD models or something? Guess it would depend on if anyone had saved them as such.

Some of LU´s models are in lxf (the format of LDD). I do not know if the property models were. 

Either way, I am wondering if someone has those properties or models archived somewhere. 

Property models were downloaded as LXFML files (LDD models), NIF files (optimized 3D models), HKX files (Havok collision files), and DDS files (just thumbnails for your backpack). However, they were not sorted or named in any human-readable fashion, and their actual positions within the property were at no point saved on the client.

So, the only way you'd be able to fully recover a property is if you had visited it, dug through your client's cache of usermade models, and then manually put all the models in their proper places in LDD/whatever you're trying to reconstruct it in. As far as I know, nobody really did this, aside from maybe a couple people archiving their own properties.

I know of at least two people with notable properties who archived them, I'll link them to this topic and let them decide if they want to get involved or not.

Edit: One already said no due to your history of sending people random stuff unsolicited, and ripping + redistributing other people's work.

37 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

That is an ad hominem argument. :)

Which is ad hominem?

So here's the deal. LEGO Universe maintained a property cache on the client side that would store property models on your harddrive. When you visited a property and came across models you haven't seen before, the game would store a NIF 3D model and LDD lxfml model in the cache, in a random folder numbered 0-999. There's a few other cached files as well but they're not important. Unfortunately it would not store the position of the models or which property they were assigned to, so rebuilding properties must be done manually.

Note that while you can't tell what the property is for a model, you can guess what models share the same property by looking at the timestamp for the models and seeing which ones were generated near the same time.

I've used this concept to rebuild all my important properties in LDD.

2 hours ago, Alcom Isst said:

Which is ad hominem?

So here's the deal. LEGO Universe maintained a property cache on the client side that would store property models on your harddrive. When you visited a property and came across models you haven't seen before, the game would store a NIF 3D model and LDD lxfml model in the cache, in a random folder numbered 0-999. There's a few other cached files as well but they're not important. Unfortunately it would not store the position of the models or which property they were assigned to, so rebuilding properties must be done manually.

Note that while you can't tell what the property is for a model, you can guess what models share the same property by looking at the timestamp for the models and seeing which ones were generated near the same time.

I've used this concept to rebuild all my important properties in LDD.

Ad hominem, which is a latin termmeans that you are attacking the host of the argument rather than the argument itself. The host of the argument can be attacked by stating that a characteristic, personality, health or anything else directed connected to an individual that may decrease a person´s credibility, in response to an argument.  

As an example of its use, it has in modern times been used by Trump during his debate against Clinton in the recent election, which has raised criticisms and controversy.

To put it simply, it is what many scholars calles as "bad argumentation", since the ad hominen-arguments usually aren´t linked to the argument at hand and are generally looked down upon on.  (I have studied a Philsophy/Etymology course, in case you are wondering how I know all this) I hope this explanation gives you some clarity. :)

For further reading, I suggest this link: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Also, are you really the #1 builder in LU? Good job. :) With what property did you win with?

Ok. Thanks for the info, but the original client where I played the game on is long gone. The property that I primarily wanted is this one below in the video, because it is so cool!! I got so much nostalgia from LEGO Racers 1 :). Back then I didn´t know about 3D Ripper DX, so I couldn´t rip it. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0L5JCMrN50

29 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Ad hominem, which is a latin term...

I had like a whole internal dialog that was like

"Yo, Alcom"
"Yo, what?"
"Why did you write 'What is ad hominem?'?"
"Because I want to know which post here Tomfyhr feels is Ad Hominem."
"But he's going to assume that you don't know what Ad Hominem is, correct, and go on a lengthy explanation, no?"

"Yeah, probably, so what's a good way to reword it."

"Why not use 'Which', instead?"

"Probably won't work either, but I really want to get to writing that LEGO Universe cache description."

29 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

Also, are you really the #1 builder in LU? Good job. :) With what property did you win with?

I didn't exactly win it, it was more like I declared the title for myself, and no one contested it, and then the game closed, so now the title is mine, forever.

9 minutes ago, Alcom Isst said:

I had like a whole internal dialog that was like

"Yo, Alcom"
"Yo, what?"
"Why did you write 'What is ad hominem?'?"
"Because I want to know which post here Tomfyhr feels is Ad Hominem."
"But he's going to assume that you don't know what Ad Hominem is, correct, and go on a lengthy explanation, no?"

"Yeah, probably, so what's a good way to reword it."

"Why not use 'Which', instead?"

"Probably won't work either, but I really want to get to writing that LEGO Universe cache description."

I didn't exactly win it, it was more like I declared the title for myself, and no one contested it, and then the game closed, so now the title is mine, forever.

For example about Ad Hominen: Since Simon likes to paint pictures of people in the plaza without asking them first, I cannot talk to him since that is an offence to my moral code. (though that would be a discrimination against people who like to paint pictures in public places)

Does that make sense?

Ok. Do you know how it is possible to get that property in particular now? 

5 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

For example about Ad Hominen: Since Simon likes to paint pictures of people in the plaza without asking them first, I cannot talk to him since that is an offence to my moral code. 

Does that make sense?

Yeah, sort of, not really... I don't see anything wrong with ignoring someone because they have bad unapologetic habits.

43 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

The property that I primarily wanted is this one below in the video, because it is so cool!! I got so much nostalgia from LEGO Racers 1 :). Back then I didn´t know about 3D Ripper DX, so I couldn´t rip it. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0L5JCMrN50

Anyways I do believe I have that property in my LU cache, let me try and find it again and then see how I can distribute it.

6 minutes ago, Alcom Isst said:

Yeah, sort of, not really... I don't see anything wrong with ignoring someone because they have bad unapologetic habits.

Anyways I do believe I have that property in my LU cache, let me try and find it again and then see how I can distribute it.

While you are at it, could you share everything in your LU cache, so I do not have to ask you every time for a property? I recommend MEGA, but you can also use www.filedropper.com

Well, people have strange perceptions on what is moral or not, and people hate the things that they can´t understand. Other unapolgetic habits could be watching films illegally for example. People do not like people who pirate anime since they think it is immoral.  

22 hours ago, tomfyhr said:

Well, people have strange perceptions on what is moral or not, and people hate the things that they can´t understand. Other unapolgetic habits could be watching films illegally for example. People do not like people who pirate anime since they think it is immoral.  

I vaguely recall an incident in this community years ago where one dude was being smug about pirating indie games, I think it pissed McJobless off. Pretty rational on McJob's part.

Here's the LXFML files from my LEGO Universe cache. Pay attention to the Last Modified in the file metadata as that indicates which models share the same property. I also isolated which models belong the Bat Lord Kingdom in a separate folder. Do what you want with them.

Cool! Thanks! You are a diamond! @Alcom Isst :) 

If a model was created by hand, will the model just be consist of the individual parts and not the entire model itself? 

In case someone is wondering, here are all important models from the property: 

https://mega.nz/#!6kh2gJBQ!tlz4orWfXaLUub1ZCGd9UYA3kwkdZ8BC-1bDtMdfX-s

If you, or anyone else, have any of the properties in this video, I would appreciate if you could share them: 

57 minutes ago, tomfyhr said:

If a model was created by hand, will the model just be consist of the individual parts and not the entire model itself? 

If a model was custom built, but had separate sections with no bricks connected between them, LEGO Universe would split them into separate models. I think that's what you're asking about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.