Sign in to follow this  
Bast_x3

LRR Lego Rock Raiders (Windows 10)

Bast_x3

Hello,

I recently had the urge to play one of my favorite old games on PC: Lego Rock Raiders.

After a little research on the net, I read that it was sometimes possible to make it work on Windows 10 sometimes impossible.

I would have liked to have your opinion on the question.

If possible, would you have a simple guide to the procedure to follow?

I have the original CD.

I thank you in advance and I apologize for my English made in Google but I do not have a very high level in English :)

Thank's ! ;)

aidenpons

I wrote up a good deal over here. I'd write more but... that's why I wrote that.

Should probably turn it into a topic eventually.

Jessietail
15 hours ago, aidenpons said:

I'd write more but... that's why I wrote that.

eh? and i mean I gues it works fine as a wiki page that others can contribute to too, we just need better organization for those sorts of pages. Does this guide get a well-working game though, or just functional? I know even when otherwise working Rock Raiders has framerate issues on Windows 10 sometimes, and since I'm not sure what GPU OP has I dunno if things like dgvoodoo would work

aidenpons
7 minutes ago, Jessietail said:

eh? and i mean I gues it works fine as a wiki page that others can contribute to too, we just need better organization for those sorts of pages. Does this guide get a well-working game though, or just functional? I know even when otherwise working Rock Raiders has framerate issues on Windows 10 sometimes, and since I'm not sure what GPU OP has I dunno if things like dgvoodoo would work

The guide consists of what we know to have worked. There still seems to be a great deal of ambiguity of getting CD-less LRR to run on modern machines. It lags to heck on my GPU-less machine even in windowed (but it does run!), and every major Windows update seems to break a whole host of other old games.

So to answer your question, no, it doesn't get a well-working game, and it might not even get a functional one large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png

oh and

I'd write more but... that's why I wrote that.

was referring to writing stuff in this topic here. Or else it looks like I'm cruelly dumping a link with no explanation.