Lego Rock Raiders (Windows 10)

Bast_x3

Hello,

I recently had the urge to play one of my favorite old games on PC: Lego Rock Raiders.

After a little research on the net, I read that it was sometimes possible to make it work on Windows 10 sometimes impossible.

I would have liked to have your opinion on the question.

If possible, would you have a simple guide to the procedure to follow?

I have the original CD.

I thank you in advance and I apologize for my English made in Google but I do not have a very high level in English :)

Thank's ! ;)

15 hours ago, aidenpons said:

I'd write more but... that's why I wrote that.

eh? and i mean I gues it works fine as a wiki page that others can contribute to too, we just need better organization for those sorts of pages. Does this guide get a well-working game though, or just functional? I know even when otherwise working Rock Raiders has framerate issues on Windows 10 sometimes, and since I'm not sure what GPU OP has I dunno if things like dgvoodoo would work

7 minutes ago, Jessietail said:

eh? and i mean I gues it works fine as a wiki page that others can contribute to too, we just need better organization for those sorts of pages. Does this guide get a well-working game though, or just functional? I know even when otherwise working Rock Raiders has framerate issues on Windows 10 sometimes, and since I'm not sure what GPU OP has I dunno if things like dgvoodoo would work

The guide consists of what we know to have worked. There still seems to be a great deal of ambiguity of getting CD-less LRR to run on modern machines. It lags to heck on my GPU-less machine even in windowed (but it does run!), and every major Windows update seems to break a whole host of other old games.

So to answer your question, no, it doesn't get a well-working game, and it might not even get a functional one large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png

oh and

I'd write more but... that's why I wrote that.

was referring to writing stuff in this topic here. Or else it looks like I'm cruelly dumping a link with no explanation.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having some difficulty playing the game. Let me explain.

I followed the guide you've provided pretty thoroughly, and I can get the game to run without issues. The problems start when I try to load a mission. I'm using the Training missions to test the game, but after a few seconds into the intro, the game turns black, but the audio is still going, and if I had my cursor over the continue message button at the end of the dialogue, it does proceed with the mission.

I cannot figure out what is going on, but it makes getting the game to work properly infuriating.

Fortunately, I have the original disk, and a laptop that runs a SafeDisk friendly version of Windows, but it is far from a gaming laptop.

I also have DAEMON Tools Lite, so if I can manage to make a Virtual Disk, I can circumnavigate most of the problems I could run into running the game, but that's a pipedream...

Fortunately, I have the original disk, and a laptop that runs a SafeDisk friendly version of Windows, but it is far from a gaming laptop.

It's Rock Raiders. It'll run on anything, probably even the processing power of a $10 smartphone.

What's much more important is its OS - Win8 or Win10 and LRR do not go well together.

On 09/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, aidenpons said:

It's Rock Raiders. It'll run on anything, probably even the processing power of a $10 smartphone.

What's much more important is its OS - Win8 or Win10 and LRR do not go well together.

Have you / do you know of any popular threads on here which have had luck with running on LRR on VMs?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.