Water Pressure (Bionicle Short Film)

emily

• lol username featured this topic
50 minutes ago, Tweesee said:

Amazing! What was it animated in btw?

Flash CS6. Then sound was added in with a free trial of premiere, lol

I see that you're improving on just about everything with every new video, well done! 22 minutes well spent if I do say so myself. :P

Hey, if you needed some help with the music I could've given you a hand! Animations like this could benefit from an ad hoc score. Plus I would have something to do.

Also that pun

5 hours ago, Shadowblaze said:

Hey, if you needed some help with the music I could've given you a hand! Animations like this could benefit from an ad hoc score. Plus I would have something to do.

I was planning on getting in touch with you, but the way things ended up transpiring the music+sound had to get done in two days, or else I had to sit on the animation for another couple months. I figured asking you to make a score in such a short timespan would've been a little much. :P Hopefully such time constraints won't be an issue with the next one.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT! It's well worth watching it beforehand.

Spoiler

Sometimes the highly-detailed characters are set against a very plain background (eg 12m50s) . Times like 15m40 are much better. Also some graphics clash, like the shipbuilder's sleeping bubble.

Sound is also kinda lacking in many places but it seems you threw it together so that there'd be some sound. Where it is, it's pretty good. I kinda liked the speech sounds in MNOG - they were a little too noisy, but I thought that they were "speech" enough.

also 17m00s it has always annoyed me how when highly tense moments take place in a turbulent event nothing happens - no sudden lurch, no nothing. At 17m20s where have all the waves gone? large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png All we have is slight bobbing. Ah, at 18min50 there we go, although it's been long in the waiting and conveniently after the narrative tension has been dissipated large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png

also the cavalry ow the tropism hurts It's Bonkle, you're let off the hook large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png

aaaaaaaaalso how do Ga-Matoran stay underwater that long and take a "deep breath" large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png I thought half the idea was that only Gali had a Mask of Water Breathing. Just like how Le-Matoran can't fly.

I always look forward to seeing any of your work! It's very fun to watch. I should do another reading response on it as much as I'd like to, I'm past that stage of life. large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png No more reading responses for meeeeeeeee!

Thanks for the feedback.

13 hours ago, aidenpons said:

aaaaaaaaalso how do Ga-Matoran stay underwater that long and take a "deep breath" large.OldTonguePNG.png.8d1938f4e3d7f8cb3ab33829018396f5.png I thought half the idea was that only Gali had a Mask of Water Breathing. Just like how Le-Matoran can't fly.

Here's something I wrote a bit ago addressing that:

"I fudged the talking underwater thing because I couldn't find a great way around it without sacrificing the pacing - basically I was worried that a break at any point to swim back to the surface to talk would have made the whole thing less immediate and, uh, impactful I guess. also there was something about the physical pressure of being deep underwater paralleling the weight of the scene that I thought might be cool. that ended up outweighing my concern for the whole issue of them being able to talk down there, though I get why its still kind of bothersome, haha."

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.