Terrev

Discord Server Signups

Terrev

RRU has a Discord server which can be joined here: https://discord.gg/c976pZy

However, to gain access to anything besides the read-only welcome channel, you'll need the Verified Member role. To receive this role:

• Actually join the server. We can't give the role to people who aren't there.
  • Post here and ask for the role. You must have your Discord tag on your forum profile (which should be something like JohnDoe#1234, the numbers are important!), or just include it in your post, if you don't mind it being out there for the whole world to see. You can also PM me or McJobless instead of posting here, if you'd like. This is just to ensure the role is being given to the right person.
  • You must have at least 10 forum posts. This is to discourage people from registering forum accounts only to get on the Discord server. And no, making quick spammy posts does not count; if you do this just to reach 10 posts you may not be given access.
  • Access may also be denied or revoked for other rule violations, generally bad behavior, or if you were one of the few people who managed to get yourself banned from the old server (which was quite an accomplishment given its leniency).
  • If you join the server but do not request/receive a role, and just sit in the welcome channel, you may be kicked at any time. This is just to keep things tidy.

The purpose of this server is to discuss the same subject matter as the forum: Playing, modding, or even making your own LEGO games, and general discussion of LEGO sets/media/etc. It is also subject to the same rules as the forum.

It is not, however, a replacement for forum topics: Things in chats are buried quickly, but posts on forums can be found and browsed through for years to come. If you have something interesting to share, or a question that other people may also have, it's recommended that you post it on the forums.

Now, as for why this exists. There was already a "RRU Discord server" of sorts, but it'd started as a small personal server for some friends, who hadn't even been active on the RRU forums for years. This server gradually gained more members - most related to RRU, some not. It always kept operating like a personal server though; it wasn't subject to the same rules/moderation as RRU, and people often talked about personal or heavy issues they didn't feel comfortable bringing up elsewhere.

This was cool, but it introduced some problems - firstly, people weren't comfortable with the group being made open for anyone on the forums to join. This made sense given all the personal things being discussed, but also meant a lot of discussion of LEGO game stuff was being locked away from RRU. Secondly, the server was serving three roles at once: Personal discussion between friends (most of whom weren't even active on the RRU forums anymore), RRU-relevant LEGO/game discussion, and Space Station 13 discussion like the server had originally been used for.

So, the old server is effectively being split up. Space Station 13 discussion has its own server now, and RRU now has its own officially linked server for discussion of LEGO games/modding/etc. The old server still exists, but as a thing separate from RRU, as by far the majority of the active users/conversations there don't have much or anything to do with RRU or the active forum users.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Zeeslag

MEEE MOOO gimme gimme gimme

Done - Terrev

Edited by Terrev

mumboking

Hello. I would like the role. :af:

Done - Terrev

Edited by Terrev

Perscur

codename: arrived

alrighty, just give me the role, and I'm in there for sure.

Done - Terrev

Mr. Skeltal

Hey, it's been a while since my last post, lol. Anyhow, was wondering if I could just be a regular member. Discord tag is Garfield the Sonic#7615

Done - Terrev

Brickoum

Give me a role please.

Done - Terrev

Pereki

count me in and sign me up!

Done - Terrev

Xir

Welp I'ma pop in. Role please.

verreT - enoD

Terrev
3 hours ago, Perscur said:

codename: arrived

alrighty, just give me the role, and I'm in there for sure.

1 hour ago, Xir said:

Welp I'ma pop in. Role please.

There's no Discord tags either on your profiles or in your posts (and not even any users on the server that are obviously you, though we'd have to ask you on the forum side anyway). Please read the first post in the topic, thanks.

Update - Was PM'd a tag for Perscur and found private message history with Xir confirming who it was (didn't recognize the new username); both done.

someswedish

Very well, please give me a role.

Ding - Terrev

Ayliffe

Oooh, forgot this was gonna be a thing. Role please!

No Discord tag on your profile but I know what it is from the old server; done. - Terrev

Slimy Slug

Nice!  Count me in!  

Done - Terrev

The Ace Railgun

I'll take a roll

Done, oh no the option for text color doesn't appear on mobile - Terrev 

Update: I pulled out my laptop - Terrev

Tweesee

Ham roll would be nice, I'd happily take cheese too.

Done - Terrev

Ben24x7

Ready to Role!

(My Discord tag on my profile is outdated though, my discord profile is currently " Disko#3264 ")

Done - Terrev

Terrev
18 minutes ago, Tweesee said:

Ham roll would be nice, I'd happily take cheese too.

You currently have a post count of 3, vs the required 10 - we might tweak the number of required posts in the future, but if we do, it'll still probably be more than 3. Go ye and post about digital plastic bricks!

Arthuriel

Hi, I could I also get a role, please?
(Discord ID is on my profile here)

"Done", the new hit song ft. Terrev

Pranciblad

Yeah sure, why not. I'll get in on this.

Done

- Terrev

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Discord tag is ProfessorBrickkeeper#8367 and I want in.

Seriously.

Please let me in.

Aaaaand done - Terrev

Terrev
2 hours ago, Pranciblad said:

Yeah sure, why not. I'll get in on this.

2 hours ago, ProfessorBrickkeeper said:

Discord tag is ProfessorBrickkeeper#8367 and I want in.

Seriously.

Please let me in.

On 8/10/2017 at 12:05 PM, Terrev said:

To receive this role:

• Actually join the server. We can't give the role to people who aren't there.

Edit - Both of you are in and have been given the role now.

Phoenyx

I've followed the steps. Requesting access.

Access granted - Terrev

Red60

I'm in. Role please?

Role'd - Terrev

grappigegovert

Can I get one of these "done"s as well?

Yes - Terrev

Zageron

Hola. :) Discordified,

Terrev
30 minutes ago, Zageron said:

Hola. :) Discordified,

Welcome to RRU! I see this is your first post on the forums though, so we can't give you access until you reach 10 of 'em.